DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: hbionic on April 04, 2014, 04:15:55 PMIt's weird to me no one has said anything. I'm sure that has come from above.

It's weird that no one on the team has openly trashed Jackson, or openly criticized his own team? Huh? How is that weird in the slightest? Typically when someone gets fired from my business, they don't want me running around talking about the incident, pro or con. The company wants to do the speaking about those kinds of things.

QB Eagles

It's pretty obvious that Kelce and Maclin didn't like Jackson, by the way. Expecting people to be openly talking to the media against the obvious wishes of the Eagles and their coach is expecting people to decide to be as professional as the guy who got cut.

BigEd76

QuoteJKelce
Just so everyone knows, none of these quotes are from me. You'll never see me hide behind the title "Unnamed source".

TexasEagle

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 04, 2014, 08:08:29 AM
QuoteDeSean Jackson abruptly backed out of an interview on the Dan Patrick Show this morning, but Jackson does plan to get his side of everything that has transpired in the last week to the public.

Jackson has instead taped an interview with Stephen A. Smith of ESPN, according to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

A Jackson spokesperson told McLane that the interview "will clear up everything" and will air Friday.

popcorn?

Up next on Sportscenter.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

TexasEagle

Quote from: hbionic on April 04, 2014, 04:15:55 PM
If these guys want to have every player in line...they should become military officers. Granted, insubordination is nothing to put up with, but everything else should be easy to deal with. If he's that bad in the locker room, suspend him. You talk shtein? suspend him for a game without pay. Send a message that way.

Isn't that exactly what Andy Reid did a couple years ago? Or am I remembering that time he got suspended/benched wrong?

TexasEagle

Quote from: General_Failure on April 04, 2014, 06:03:28 PM
Do people still watch SportsCenter?

What else am I going to watch at 6pm until the actual sports games start? The local news? I'd rather gouge out my eyeballs with a dull spoon.

hbionic

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 04, 2014, 05:44:26 PM
Quote from: hbionic on April 04, 2014, 04:15:55 PMIt's weird to me no one has said anything. I'm sure that has come from above.

It's weird that no one on the team has openly trashed Jackson, or openly criticized his own team? Huh? How is that weird in the slightest? Typically when someone gets fired from my business, they don't want me running around talking about the incident, pro or con. The company wants to do the speaking about those kinds of things.

Agreed. It's just that you see players comment on less important shtein. I'm not talking about trashing him either. Just the, "Hey, we're going to miss Desean" etc. bullshtein. But you're right. Business wise, it's not proper to comment on a firing. But it is human nature to have an opinion on your relationship with a co-worker. No one has said anything to that effect.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

BigEd76

QuoteAsked if he hangs out with gang members, Jackson said, "Not if they're doing negative things."

um

He also says Chip told him he was being released during a phone call, and he waited to hear reasons why and never got them. "It's best for us and best for you moving forward."

He also says the hand gesture at Hall wasn't a gang sign, but he admitted to flashing signs as shoutouts to the people he knows back home (like those positive gang members he knows)

Rome

General_Failure

Quote from: TexasEagle on April 04, 2014, 06:10:56 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on April 04, 2014, 06:03:28 PM
Do people still watch SportsCenter?

What else am I going to watch at 6pm until the actual sports games start? The local news? I'd rather gouge out my eyeballs with a dull spoon.

Clean out the backlog on the dvr? Something slightly less obnoxious, like a video of babies with teething pain?

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

beat guys have made no mention of the pimp hit piece. it put into (fake) words what they've been saying but clearly they are shunning the eagles and refusing to play up the piece because they didnt get it spoonfed to them.

can something interesting happen with this team please...or in this city. when is the draft lotto?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure