DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

You know what's value for him? A top 15 receiver and a top 10 punt returner. If there are teams offering those two things for Jackson, then that's a good trade. Any draft pick, and if he doesn't have a trunk full of dead hookers it should be multple picks, is a bad trade.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

i cant figure out the eagles end game in this. maybe they are waiting to drop the hammer on pimp after they get rid of him.

true or not dgunn said chip has tried to call pimp and pimp hasnt answered.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

I hope that's not true.  Only a bitch would do that though, and he's got the gene.  Still...come on.  If coach calls, you answer, right?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Would anyone be surprised if that was the case?    I love the guy but he does have the diva sulk thing down pat.

Seabiscuit36

His talent is undeniable.  I hope to god they don't move him this year unless they an offer that they're blown away with.  But as MDS said, I just don't see the end game here.  The eagles will lose this no matter what happens.  And to think, this all seemed to start on that interview at the end of the season where Desean couldn't help himself in saying he wants a new contract. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Who wouldn't want a new contract that would offer them more money?   Jackson just shot his mouth off when almost everyone else would have buttoned his lip.   I don't blame him at all.   If he doesn't think he's worth all the money in the world, then no one else will.   Get what you can when you can from those iceholes.

MDS

i have to imagine theres more to this whole thing.....the eagles have to bury him through one of their media hacks or else they will get crucified
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

CSN: Six reasons why they should trade pimp

1. All new coaches were brought in, and he's the only one that still has an issue with his position coach
2. He makes too much and he made another contract demand right after the playoff game
3. He's useless in the red zone
4. His numbers are all down with Foles compared to Vick
5. He was shut down by Keenan Lewis in the playoff game, and anyone that can match his speed can neutralize him
6. Chip wants production over flash, and if he can replace DeSean with Evans or Benjamin, he'll do it in a heartbeat

BigEd76

CSN Bay Area: the Niners haven't contacted the Eagles about pimp, despite reports

Quote"Right now, he's under contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. We've not made any contact with the Eagles relative to a trade for DeSean Jackson. As of this moment, those reports are totally misleading and false."

"I do believe you're never one player away because too much can happen. You could acquire that player and the very next day that player gets injured and he's done for the year. And then you're back to square one and you have to tell yourself, 'Well, we're still one player away.' I don't buy that philosophy."

Rome

I'd like to know why CSN & Philly.com are so insistent on getting the fans behind trading or releasing this guy.

Seriously.  They're doing a lot more than just reporting this bullshtein.   Page views and selling their fish wrap are one thing but this smacks of something entirely different than the usual flame fanning.

MDS

maybe they are both fighting for the pimp hitjob story that will follow with the trade....the one with anonymous sources bashing him for his "punk" and "thug" behavior behind the scenes and that quotes random coaches who say hes not that good.

Diomedes

Like you wouldn't gladly pen that hit job yourself given the chance.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Quote from: Rome on March 23, 2014, 03:32:45 PM
I'd like to know why CSN & Philly.com are so insistent on getting the fans behind trading or releasing this guy.

Seriously.  They're doing a lot more than just reporting this bullshtein.   Page views and selling their fish wrap are one thing but this smacks of something entirely different than the usual flame fanning.
Maybe they are trying to curry the favor of a fairly new regime, each trying to get an inside track. Doubt they've forgotten what a decade and a half of dealing with banner and reid was like.

As to why Chip is really doing this? Maybe he is just being Belichick-like. He didn't hesitate to jettison problem players.

Rome

It's ironic that the Patriots are one of the leading contenders to get him then.   

Belichick acquired one of the biggest prima donnas in the history of the game (Randy Moss) and came within a minute of having a perfect season with him.

BigEd76

Woody Johnson at the owners meeting: "We're looking at a number of players, including DeSean."  Tampering?