DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

They did contain him pretty well except for that one play he was wide open and McNabb barely overthrew him

ice grillin you

i dont think containing him is at issue

he has like 5 catches for 80 yards no td's combined in the two dallas games

the question is how are they shutting him down
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

General_Failure

Damn, did the 80s make a women's basketball league?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

igy - he's open an awful lot.  i don't know why he's not the first read on every pass play but he's not.  i love how celek, maclin & avant are playing but he's got to get at least 10 balls thrown to him every game.  otherwise you're just wasting his talent out there. 

then again, look at who is calling the plays for the most obvious answer.

ice grillin you

i havent noticed him being open "an awful lot' against dallas but then again none of us have the game film

i have noticed them rolling a safety towards him on almost every play they dont blitz on

youre righ tho its no excuse...every great wr gets coverage rolled his way...its not a reason for him to have been shut down like he has against dallas...if they are coming over the top on him then give him some stuff in the flat or a short cross or put him in motion and even throw something like a wheel route his way

and of course when you do get that one or two shots that you always do every game you have to hit on it...if  donovan puts the ball in his hands last week on the overthrow his stats all of a sudden look a whole lot better

you also cant have macklin having a 40 yard game on the same day pimp is getting shut down...that is excusable...pimp opens up all kinds of shtein for everyone and i love what celek does but macklin should be the first person benefitting

SunMo

fox showed multiple plays where there was a corner up on desean and a safety over the top, i guess that's jenkins' definition of playing single coverage
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

jenkins doesn't strike me as much of a thinker.

that said, morningreid should have pimp in motion a lot more than he does.  then again he often takes jackson out and inserts reggie brown in his place, so...

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on January 07, 2010, 08:47:00 AM
fox showed multiple plays where there was a corner up on desean and a safety over the top, i guess that's jenkins' definition of playing single coverage

I was watching it with my own eyes too. They rolled guys over the top all the time. Hell, they had a safety in the area when McNabb over threw him after he burned Newman.

Jenkins has turned out to be a pretty good player, but he's not too smart. I hope Pimp lights his ass up.

ice grillin you

i dont care whos covering who or whos doubling where the eagle wr's should be absolutely murdering the dallas safties...hamlin and sensabaugh are AWFUL in coverage

the problem is giving mcnabb that extra second of time to let guys get deep...especially on the bliztes which imo will be the biggest key to this game...the eagles pick up of the dallas blitz and mcnabbs reaction to the blitz in general

SunMo

hamlin obviously has a swirly necklace amulet that makes wide receivers take their eyes off the ball and stare at him
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Pretty much. And you can add in the fact that Terence Newman is a shell of himself and gets beat more than MDS beats his pud.

When Newman limped off the field they put Alan Ball in. With Pimp lined up across from him. They should have taken a shot there.

He needs time to throw, and most of the pressure came from the R side, thanks for Fat Jean Gilles and Justice getting beat. Cole played pretty well and anchored down against Ratliff. Peters was pretty good against Ware and Herremans is always pretty solid.

Its all on MJG (pimp tight) and Justice to step up Saturday.

MDS

i can see the excuses coming already after another donovan let down. this time its the offense line, next year itll be the waterboy, then finally he'll grow a backbone and blame the fans for hurting his feelings.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

lol wow.

Anyway, all year whenever teams started covering Jackson, things opened up for Celek, Maclin, and Avant. Both times against the boys the only who seems to have been able to get his has been Celek. If Jackson is going to continue to get blanketed, then the other two guys need to step up.

It would also go a long way if they ran the freakin ball.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 07, 2010, 04:56:55 PM
Pretty much. And you can add in the fact that Terence Newman is a shell of himself and gets beat more than MDS beats his pud.

When Newman limped off the field they put Alan Ball in. With Pimp lined up across from him. They should have taken a shot there.

He needs time to throw, and most of the pressure came from the R side, thanks for Fat Jean Gilles and Justice getting beat. Cole played pretty well and anchored down against Ratliff. Peters was pretty good against Ware and Herremans is always pretty solid.

Its all on MJG (pimp tight) and Justice to step up Saturday.

the line was not great but to be fair donovan needs to stop panicing...i dont know whats gotten into him the last couple years (maybe the injuries got him shook)...he was never great against the blitz but he use to stand in there really well...now he stars getting all loonie way to early...

1. feet start flying everywhere like hes doing the damn river dance
2. brings the ball down
3. head starts going all exorcist

if he does get a throw off its normally a howitzer that he either tries to throw thru the turf or 15 feet over someones head because hes squeezing the life out of the ball

settle the farg down spaz