DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on January 05, 2010, 01:43:51 PM
the thing you're missing, munson, is mcnabb's demeanor in totality.  he's either a clowning jackass or a whining, gesturing idiot on the field.

i don't know for sure, though, because i'm not on the field with him nor am i at practice or around him at all.

from the perspective we're afforded as fans he sure seems to be the complete opposite of a competent field general.

theres a reason why you have to look long and hard to find an ex eagle that will go on record about him being a leader...or really to say anything much good about him at all

meanwhile theres a long line saying the opposite and that ranges from people who like him like runyan reese and hugh to people that hate him like TO and freddie
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteDonovan and DeSean "cleared it up"

Donovan McNabb and DeSean Jackson apparently cleared the air over McNabb's "youth" comment and Jackson's response to that comment on his radio show Monday night.

"Whatever his comment was about, I didn't hear the question he was asked," Jackson said today. "We talked and, you know, it's nothing big. We just got to keep it in-house and stick together as a team. Don't let things like that break us up. We talked about it, cleared it up and it's alright."

FROM EARLIER

There's been a lot of talk about Donovan McNabb's post-game comments in which he supposedly blamed an entire generation for the Eagles' loss to Dallas. Let's label it Gen X (McNabb) vs. Gen Y (Jackson, Maclin, et al).

"We showed our youth," McNabb said when he was asked about, well, the Eagles' relative youth.

Some have pointed to the Eagles quarterback's comments as another example of his unwillingness to lead, or perhaps his inability to lead. I'm not so sure about that. Perhaps. If McNabb rebounds on Saturday and leads the Eagles to a victory I'm fairly sure that kind of criticism will be silenced -- at least for one more week.

McNabb clarified his comments today.

"It all starts with me," McNabb said. "I have to raise my level of play and everyone has to, as well. In playoff play there is no looking back and saying, 'I could have, should have, would have,' and you have to come in with that attitude and be able to make plays when the plays are there to be made."

McNabb, by the way, is 6-0 in the first round of the playoffs. His counterpart, Tony Romo, is 0-2. Of course, that is past history. What people care about is the now and what radio show talk hosts care about is drumming up controversy. McNabb was asked if he was blaming the kiddies.

"No, not at all," he said. "What I meant is we have a young team and a lot of things that we were doing just looked very uncharacteristic of what we did all throughout the year. I wasn't blaming it on anyone, by any means. I said that it was my fault on the [fumbled] snap, and I said that I need to elevate my game. I think at times too many people focus on just little things and they aren't focusing on the whole question or the whole answer."

DeSean Jackson was asked about McNabb's comments on his radio show Monday night and the wide receiver said that if the sound bite was played in the locker room it's "not something nobody wants to hear." Jackson said that he would talk with McNabb about the statement and about the quarterback's visible frustration during the game. McNabb said today that the two had yet to talk.

"We've communicated as a team after the game, and we're communicating all throughout this week," McNabb said. "I think the most important thing for everyone is to not put that pressure on your shoulders now because of what happened, recognize what happened in the game, and be able to know what you're seeing and let's just go out and have fun."

Brian Westbrook said that he did not interpret McNabb's comments as negative. The running back apparently stood up and addressed the team following the loss.

"I'm one of the older guys on the team and it needed to be said that we didn't play our football game this past week," Westbrook said. "We didn't do what we set out to do."

[Eagles fan]Waaaah! He gestures! He smiles! He's a bitch![/Eagles fan]

Shut up.

ice grillin you

the fact that he even had to clarify what he did and said is all you need to know about him...this is not something the team should have to be dealing with the week before a playoff game

but as usual everything is about woe is me donovan

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

i love the part where he says he doesn't throw motherfargers under a bus.   i mean, he did exactly that, but that's not what he meant.  or something.

Yeti

Deshawn Twitter sunday.........

QuoteGot smashed by them cowboys 2daaaaaay sheeeeesh its all good we gonna sting they ass next week lil buddy

fargin love this kid.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Sgt PSN

i'd love him even more if typed in english.  stupid farging texters.  when exactly did vanity plates become part of our written language again?

General_Failure

I believe the phrase "you've got mail." answers that.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Yeti

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 05, 2010, 07:15:41 PM
i'd love him even more if typed in english.  stupid farging texters.  when exactly did vanity plates become part of our written language again?

y u h8n sazi?
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on January 05, 2010, 05:54:05 PM
i love the part where he says he doesn't throw motherfargers under a bus.   i mean, he did exactly that, but that's not what he meant.  or something.

No he didn't.

And the reason he has to clarify, igy, is because he was asked to do so.

If Peyton Manning says what he said, he's patted on the back for being a leader and telling guys to step it up.

This is what I don't understand, Reid and McNabb talk in cliches and they are ripped for not saying anything of substance. But when he gets specific, he is ripped for throwing people under the bus.

Never mind what he said is the truth, right? I mean, the young guys do have to step up. They are what is going to help them win. They are their weapons - the young guys.

ice grillin you

its a world wide conspiracy against donovan mcnabb and his family

PhillyPhreak54

Nope.

But the people who hate the guy will rip everything and anything.

MDS

whats there to like

well, if you like arrogant self-aggrandizing babies who have come up short in every big game they've ever played, i guess there is plenty to like
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

go here and check out the 'd jack' song snoop did for him....its farging great

http://deseanjackson10.com/home.html