DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henchmanUK

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 24, 2008, 02:51:27 PM
GET YO JACKSON MINI HELMET
I thought Jackson was a mini helmet after he threw the ball away at the one against Dallas. He will be good though, but he is young and stupid right now. He will be better when White Lightning is healthy.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

General_Failure

I can't wait to see him when he's old and stupid.

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

For what it's worth, the pimp has put up some nice numbers so far. He's second amoung rookies for total yards behind Eddie Royal. 25th overall in the NFL.

recpts.  yds.   avg.   avg.G    long.   td.   20+  40+   1st   1st%  fum.
DeSean Jackson  PHI  WR       
53     775    14.6    59.6      60      2    14      2      36    67.9     1

These stats make him the leading receiver on the Eagles by far. Hank Baskett is second, over 200 yds. behind DJ. How this team has managed to win as many games as they have is baffling when you think about that. Get a pro-bowl reciever on this team like Williams and this team would have a top 5 receiving corps, imo.  

The BIGSTUD

What Williams? Roy? He's only made the PB once and he's done nothing in Dallas. I was a huge fan of him, but boy was I uncharacteristically wrong in a player evaluation. He is soft and way too inconsistent. That said, they still need an upgrade, and Roy would've been one, but not beating the price Dallas paid. No farging way. Not with the 10+ needs we have on the team and giving up like 4 picks for him.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

QB Eagles

Williams is playing hurt, was traded mid-season to a team he has no chemistry with, and hasn't had a chance to get into rhythm with his QB due to the QB being injured. Garrett has been too conservative with his offense to try integrating Williams (who is open on many plays) as the key possession receiver midway through the season. Garrett should probably use him more often on shorter routes too.

The Cowboys aren't using Williams right. I think he's still a good-but-not-elite #1 on most teams.

shorebird

Whatever, my main point was that DJ, even though he seems to have gone flat in recent games, has not played that bad overall and is by far the best receiver on this team, and right up there with the best rookie receivers in the NFL.

Magical_Retard

i would still trade a 1st round pick for a talented WR like roy williams who is only 26.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

reese125

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 10, 2008, 10:26:41 PM
Williams is playing hurt, was traded mid-season to a team he has no chemistry with, and hasn't had a chance to get into rhythm with his QB due to the QB being injured. Garrett has been too conservative with his offense to try integrating Williams (who is open on many plays) as the key possession receiver midway through the season. Garrett should probably use him more often on shorter routes too.

The Cowboys aren't using Williams right. I think he's still a good-but-not-elite #1 on most teams.

yeah, when youre the 3rd option on any squad dont expect to be getting Pro-Bowl nods

The BIGSTUD

I'm not sure I give up a first for Williams when guys like Houshmandzadeh are out there on the FA market after the season and you can get one and retain all your picks. This team just has so many needs, you gotta be really careful when and when not to spend those picks.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

QB Eagles

SD_Eagle5

Williams wasn't worth much more than a 2nd and a mid round pick. I actually like what I've seen from Curtis even though he's probably out for a few games. Will never happen but I'd grab Plax as soon as the Giants release him.

shorebird

My point is, any seasoned vet who is a no. 1 reciever will be complemented very nicely by DJ.

Who knows, maybe after getting a year under his belt, he could be that pro-bowl receiver this offense has been crying out for. He's picked the system up and is starting in his first year. He's already better than Reggie Brown. It's the first time ever that Reid has picked a decent wide out worthy of his spot in the draft.

Zanshin

Quote from: SD_Eagle on December 11, 2008, 06:59:42 AM
Williams wasn't worth much more than a 2nd and a mid round pick. I actually like what I've seen from Curtis even though he's probably out for a few games. Will never happen but I'd grab Plax as soon as the Giants release him.

I'd want NOTHING to do with Burress.  Zero.  He got paid and completely fell apart.  I'd sniff if it was a reclaimation deal at league minimum or something, but he's not a guy I'd pay any sort of money to.  You've already seen what happens when you do.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Zanshin on December 11, 2008, 08:00:01 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on December 11, 2008, 06:59:42 AM

I'd want NOTHING to do with Burress.  Zero.  He got paid and completely fell apart.  I'd sniff if it was a reclaimation deal at league minimum or something, but he's not a guy I'd pay any sort of money to.  You've already seen what happens when you do.

You're right I'd hate to pay a guy that's 6'5 and caught the winning TD in the Superbowl and would require zero compenstation to sign. He can shoot me in the leg if he did that here.

ice grillin you

Quote from: King Cole on December 11, 2008, 12:39:20 AM
I'm not sure I give up a first for Williams when guys like Houshmandzadeh are out there on the FA market after the season and you can get one and retain all your picks. This team just has so many needs, you gotta be really careful when and when not to spend those picks.

housh is 31 and doesnt possess game changing size or speed....he has very good hands and is a quality wr but he is not someone you give big money too as you have to wonder how many great years if any he has left
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous