Super Bowl LII - Patriots: The Eagles Won The God Damn Super Bowl

Started by MDS, January 22, 2018, 12:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: General_Failure on February 07, 2018, 01:09:39 PM
Bonus points if he still has his Starter jacket from the 90s.

he does.

I just think its BS he bought four train tickets that could've went to eagles fans.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

I'm still euphoric.  I'm also still going thru congratulatory texts and voicemails from people I know from all over.  Dallas fans are all universally happy for us.  It's the weirdest thing about this.  So many people are happy not just for ME as an Eagles fan, but for all of us as fans.   It's like we committed some minor crime and were subjected to the harshest punishment possible only to be finally paroled or issued reprieves on Sunday. 

Damndest thing ever. 

General_Failure

Think about his kids, though. Can you imagine growing up a fan of a team and knowing you'll never see a parade? Think about how depressing that must be, watching the your division rivals just going to parade after parade and always watching your team come up short. This could be the closest thing to joy they might ever experience.

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

Quote from: General_Failure on February 07, 2018, 01:23:57 AM
Quote from: Zanshin on February 06, 2018, 09:18:39 PM
If you have Showtime, check out Inside the NFL this week. The NFL Films footage is great.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Just watched it. Thanks for the links. Awesome, awesome, awesome.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Zanshin

I'll say this, too. It's good to be able to talk on here. We've all been in this together spanning decades at this point. Not a bandwagon fan to be found, which I do appreciate.

hbionic

It's kind of like a band of brothers (and sister PG).

Yeah, I don't need to explain to anyone anything. They know. At least the people that know I've been a life-long fan.

I received over 30+ texts immediately after the game congratulating me LOL. Even from Cowboys fans. It was funny.

Yeah, feels damn good and I'm happy to share with all you misfits.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Rome on February 07, 2018, 01:14:25 PM
I'm still euphoric.  I'm also still going thru congratulatory texts and voicemails from people I know from all over.  Dallas fans are all universally happy for us.  It's the weirdest thing about this.  So many people are happy not just for ME as an Eagles fan, but for all of us as fans.   It's like we committed some minor crime and were subjected to the harshest punishment possible only to be finally paroled or issued reprieves on Sunday. 

Damndest thing ever.

It is weird man, uncharted territory. 

So, do we take the parade down to Chester and break Meek out? 

Well said HB, Don't forget Lady Grey and NB. 

Couldn't have said it better Zan, years of documented frustration evaporated.  Thanks for keeping this going GF. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

I got an email from a former big wig at our company, he's dutch and back in the Nederland's, he is also a  diehard giants fan.

wanted to just congratulate me and say well deserved for this city and fanbase. he was probably high too.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on February 07, 2018, 12:19:03 PM
the last play didn't have the drama that it would have if there were four seconds or something similar to that because no one expected it to be the last play when the ball and was snapped, and at least, speaking for myself, my eyes were too fixed on the ball ping ponging around to realize there was no time left for a second or two after.

so you didn't have the instant fan or player reactions you normally would because it wasn't clear it was over when the ball hit the ground.

One of my friends at our party was videoing it and my reaction was just like that. I saw the ball and did not realize there was no time left. So when I looked at the clock after the ball finally hit the ground is when I erupted.

They had that SOB on the three yard line on 4th down and he STILL got them to having a shot.

QB Eagles

TB12 really is like a horror movie villain or Rasputin or some shtein.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Hey friend, let's go to disco tech and make the sex with ladies.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: AO1 on February 07, 2018, 08:03:11 AM
Quote from: General_Failure on February 07, 2018, 01:23:57 AM
Quote from: Zanshin on February 06, 2018, 09:18:39 PM
If you have Showtime, check out Inside the NFL this week. The NFL Films footage is great.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Incredible

Chungs reaction after Jenkins lays Cooks out
Jenkins smacking Brady on the ass "c'mon Tom...c'mon Tom" after he couldn't make the catch
Shot of Jojo in the crowd
Clement TD explanation
Philly Special
Dawkins crying at the end

Jenkins was unbelievable
Simms was spot on, neither team could tackle worth a damn
Pats o line did a great job.

I want to somehow download that snippet on my phone so when the next prick says "honestly, do you think that was a catch?" , I can look them in the eyes and say "Yes I can and sit your ass down and listen to this". 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

I didn't think it was a catch at the time. The ref explaining it sounds good enough for my overly biased ears though.

I don't know why the Ertz td took so long to confirm other than it being forced drama. And the comparison to the Jesse James play from a few weeks earlier is hilariously off base.