Get advice from smart people on medical procedures

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, January 12, 2011, 02:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

It happened in January.  Been putting it off until our slow season.  Limping, can't kneel.  Oh well.  Life's a bitch.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Dillen

Quote from: Zanshin on October 01, 2013, 01:23:11 PM
I'm sitting in physical therapy for my bicep tendon even as we speak. Years of martial arts and the gym are showing up. So, I guess we're just all turning into old fargers.
Deadlift? I've never heard anyone straining their biceps tendon, except for the supinated arm when gripping deadlifts, which I've seen roughly 6 billion times.

Geowhizzer

I've got to get mine fixed.  Playing catcher in little league through college is catching up to me.

Once I'm up, I'm fine walking, but getting up from a sitting position is killing me.  Can't run, can't jump at all.

Zanshin

Quote from: Dillen on October 01, 2013, 05:29:52 PM
Quote from: Zanshin on October 01, 2013, 01:23:11 PM
I'm sitting in physical therapy for my bicep tendon even as we speak. Years of martial arts and the gym are showing up. So, I guess we're just all turning into old fargers.
Deadlift? I've never heard anyone straining their biceps tendon, except for the supinated arm when gripping deadlifts, which I've seen roughly 6 billion times.

There's a good chance it's torn.  Could have been deads, but it could also be from direct bicep work or even back, or just not tapping out on the mat fast enough over the years.. It's bad enough that the compensating has also given me tendonitis in my shoulder. So, lots of bike rides for me. Want to get back in the gym, but the doc said it's a long road. We'll see.

PhillyPhreak54

PT for arthritis? I don't see how that helps considering arthritic knees is basically bone on bone.

My orthopedic doc didn't even mention PT...just no more high impact stuff and asked if I wanted a shot. They only did one knee that day and had to come back for the other a week later.

So I'm going to do eliptical and rowing machine for cardio.

Since cortisone wears off - I wonder how long this will last?

Susquehanna Birder

My brother in law swears by the rowing machine. He's been a runner for years, but after shin splints, he turned to biking. Then came the sciatica. Now he does the rowing, and he says it's the best overall exercise.

I think I'll just have another beer.

PhillyPhreak54

I see the rowing machines always unoccupied but I did it the other day and I enjoyed it. It's got to be a smooth one though - if you get into a good rhythm then 30min there and you're soaked with sweat.

Next time I will listen to WIP while I do it too - that'll help elevate my heart rate

ice grillin you

just burtn the living shtein out of my finger.....a bubble the size of a grape filled with fluid is on it right now....the pain is holy hell helacious

suggestions
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Amputate before it turns gangrenous. Or run it under cool water until it stops hurting.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

leave it alone, keep the finger cool with cold water (not ice)

bandage it loosely when you go to sleep

stop cooking drunk
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I'm pretty sure you don't want to pop it, while you're at it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Yeah, let the blister alone.  It's there for a reason. 

Also...pics please.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on April 26, 2014, 09:08:31 PM
leave it alone, keep the finger cool with cold water (not ice)

bandage it loosely when you go to sleep

stop cooking drunk

thanks on the no ice

its been in direct contact with an ice cube for a half hour.....it helps but ill go water now

why is that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous