The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Oh look, many cops are pigs...what a surprise.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Republicans are turning into Nazis, that's what's happening
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 23, 2019, 01:06:18 PM
Once again the cruelty is the point

http://www.citizensvoice.com/news/businessman-wyoming-valley-west-board-president-denied-22k-school-lunch-debt-donation-offer-1.2511277

School board backed down, wrote an apology note, will accept the donation and is offering free lunches to all students.

Heads still need to roll.

ice grillin you

they are sorry that this blew up big enough that it shamed them into not being able to do it

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

General_Failure

phattymatty

Imagine being such a scared coward that you'd use a gun against a barking dog.

Tomahawk

link to cop's bodycam footage

The dog looks like it weighs maybe 30 pounds. If he's that terrified of a little dog and so ready to open fire, it's almost guaranteed he'll kill another person. I'm not familiar with police procedures, but discharging his firearm seems like a flagrant disregard for the safety of the public.

When I was walking my dog a 100ish pound German Shepherd saw us from 50ish yards away and decided to sprint toward us. All you have to do is calmly tell it to sit...I mean it didn't sit but it made it realize that it didn't want to bite me or fight my dog (I tightened my bitch's leash and put her behind me). The Deutsch Dog didn't have a collar, but it didn't mind grabbing rolls on his neck so I could knock on doors to get it back to the owner.

Another time, somebody left the gate to their backyard open and three Huskies came running towards my bitch and I. Again just tighten up the leash (mostly because my dog is every definition of the word bitch), let them approach and introduce themselves, then herded them to the front door so the owner could get them inside.

The point is even if big dogs are charging you that doesn't mean they intend to hurt you, and as a cop, you should use your gun as a last resort; not as your first instinct.

Diomedes

Tomahawk

She's a Chow Chow named Kali in honor of her cauliflower ear, and after the Hindu goddess of death and destruction (the embodiment of Shiva's rage).

Rome