The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

If the children were armed they could have saved themselves.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

That and probably should've had some machine gunners posted up around the perimeter

PhillyPhreak54

Suspect charged with capital murder of 6 kids, 2 adults

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crime/2015/08/09/multiple-people-killed--home--falling-oaks--n-harris-county/31366765/

(Sent from KHOU 11)

Lady changes the locks so he couldn't get in. CPS and police had been there before for domestic issues. So he crawls through a window and kills everyone

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

General_Failure

Iconic Ferguson Photo Subjects Are Being Charged A Year Later

QuoteST. LOUIS COUNTY -- Two young men featured in iconic photos taken during the Ferguson, Missouri, protests of August 2014 are among a whole swath of demonstrators and observers whom St. Louis County authorities chose to prosecute nearly a full year later.

Others who were recently charged by the St. Louis County Counselor's office include a pastor, a "peace poet," a young student muralist and a legal observer. At least three professional journalists (including one of the authors of this story) also recently found out they would have to appear in St. Louis County Municipal Court.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2015/09/10/i-m-just-happy-to-be-alive

QuoteWhat is death row like for a black man in Alabama, I asked him. Spradley told me: "For a black man, or a white man, it's pure hell on death row. It's no place any man wants to be. You have to be very strong to go through something like that. If you are not strong you lose faith and hope. It will kind of kill your spirit. No one to talk to, just dealing with your inner self. Just having that over in your head, thinking that if you don't get any relief on appeal you are going to die."

also related

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/richard-glossip-execution_55e4e535e4b0aec9f35454e6?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

8-year-old charged with murder in beating death of Birmingham toddler

Apparently the girl's mother is also being charged, because she left the toddler in the care of young children while she went to a nightclub.

Zanshin

This isn't a rhetorical question; I seriously want to know. Why are there so many ridiculously terrible parents out there? I've seen some terrible parents with money, so it's not strictly economic. But where there's an economic issue, I could sort of get that lack of leadership and supervision if it was because both parents are working all the time to keep the roof over the heads...but this shtein about going to clubs and partying seems to be on the rise. What the farg?

General_Failure

It probably isn't on the rise, at least not as much as you think. I know my parents didn't have stellar parents themselves. You have easier access to information about it, which makes the whole world seem worse.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

Quote from: General_Failure on November 12, 2015, 04:02:53 PM
It probably isn't on the rise, at least not as much as you think. I know my parents didn't have stellar parents themselves. You have easier access to information about it, which makes the whole world seem worse.

Possible. Still ridiculous. People are the worst.