What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

I realized that XM was doing a free play promotion, so for the hell of it I listened on the way to work this morning (I have a capable radio, but I let the free subscription lapse mostly because I hate XM). Turned on the jam station, and they were playing some live Lettuce. Seemed cool, so I downloaded a couple of albums via Apple Music. I'm pretty impressed, and they look like fun. I think I'd like to see them in person.

Susquehanna Birder

Catching up on some Tedeschi Trucks.

Susquehanna Birder

Oh...and XM Radio completely farging sucks.

ice grillin you

lol...it doesnt do anything for me...but why such vitriol?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Susquehanna Birder

Geowhizzer

General_Failure

XM might actually improve with feedback, though.

The man. The myth. The legend.

smeags

Still have my Sirius setup. Kind of miss it, kind of don't
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Susquehanna Birder

Watching a live Phish show streaming from Playa Del Carmen. Dang I wish I was on that beach.

Diomedes

You couldn't pay me to go to a Phish concert.  Noodling bullshtein.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

digging thru the old CD's during Snowzilla found this gem. 

https://youtu.be/i_lryQvImwk?t=1749
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Diomedes on January 16, 2016, 09:03:11 AM
You couldn't pay me to go to a Phish concert.  Noodling bullshtein.

It's no Mickey Hart acid trip, but it has its moments.

Rome

I used to listen to a baseball show on XM in the mornings on the way to work in like 2007-2008.  They doubled the subscription charge on me so I told them to cram it.  Haven't listened to the radio or satellite radio much since.  I have thousands of songs on my phone and I also have audio books, podcasts, etc.  No need to listen to commercials for A/C contracts and shysters every 10 minutes.

I was supposed to go to see Tool tonight but we had a family issue that prevented it.  Meh - I've seen this same show for 10 farging years now, so I'm not all that disappointed.  Primus opened for them, though.  Kinda wanted to see them.

Diomedes

Have you heard the shtein Les Claypool and Sean Lennon just put out? 

https://youtu.be/zcPFRKqTD9I