A New Politics Thread

Started by Diomedes, July 08, 2022, 06:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I think of that like this...

If they had gotten to Pence that day the violence and uprising wouldn't have stopped there. Other members of the government would've been got too most likely. That mob would've been emboldened which would have led to the military coming in and then we have a powder keg.

The domino effect from all of that would've been felt across the country and world and not in a good way.

MDS

Quote from: TAFKASD on July 21, 2022, 11:26:40 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Pence getting taken out by the mob would have been a good thing in that there's no coming back from that for anyone.

watching him run for president then shut it down after a 6th place finish in iowa will be really funny
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

"Yesterday...that's a hard word for me. Can we take that out?"

To the mouth breathing inbreds who love to rip on Sleepy Joe and dementia quips they should know their boy has trouble with the word yesterday.

So to recap...

Covfefe
Hamberder
Yesterday

But yeah let's talk about Biden being some buffoon.

PhillyPhreak54

Also I want to hear from the But Her Emails crowd.

How do they feel, never-mind about the Trump family religiously using personal devices, about the US Secret Service deleting text messages? The agency who leads cybercrime defense and the like just happened to delete texts from that day.

And the elevation of Ornato should raise red flags too.

The rot is deep. Every single person involved in this needs to be fired and/or in jail.

Eagaholic

Quote from: TAFKASD on July 21, 2022, 11:26:40 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Pence getting taken out by the mob would have been a good thing in that there's no coming back from that for anyone.
I think if Pence got taken out then there wouldn't be a VP to preside over the counting of the electoral votes, and Trump would try to quickly install his own minion who would do his bidding. Trump had probably thought about that is my guess. In any case I think we would probably be far more farged in whatever process that would lead to. It's noteworthy that Gore presided over his own dubious defeat yet conceded as he said for the good of the country

SD

Wouldn't the vp's duty fall to the speaker? Either way as deplorable as the gop is zero chance they'd let Trump install a stooge after he took out his vp. They were pretty animated immediately after the attack.

Diomedes

I think they had Grassley lined up to step in if Pence got in that car.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

If he did get in that car...is he being driven to be killed? Or just kidnapped until the shenanigans with the electors is "complete"?

General_Failure

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 21, 2022, 11:18:31 PM
To recess until Sept is good. Let it marinate

Right, because in the next two months there won't be 8 new fake outrage talking points about how bicycle lanes are a gay conspiracy to make people forget why these woke mob filthy liberals are trying to cancel God fearing Americans to take away Muh Freedums.

Quote from: TAFKASD on July 22, 2022, 05:57:44 AM
Wouldn't the vp's duty fall to the speaker? Either way as deplorable as the gop is zero chance they'd let Trump install a stooge after he took out his vp. They were pretty animated immediately after the attack.

If the plan is to overthrow a nation, I don't think you're worried about keeping their line of succession. Now buy this mug with a picture of Vice President for Life Donald Jr.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 22, 2022, 09:34:10 AM
If he did get in that car...is he being driven to be killed? Or just kidnapped until the shenanigans with the electors is "complete"?

lol...not even "kidnapped," just moved elsewhere, "for his safety," during which time the conspirators would plug Grassley into the role, call that legit, and bowl forward over all objections
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Tomato tomahto

If that happened then what...it would have been so chaotic and violent. Because the MAGAts would have started Civil War II when the conspirators were forcibly removed.

Diomedes

I should note I'm being a bit free with this Grassley business:

WaPo:
Quoteon Jan. 5: Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa), the president pro tempore of the Senate, had said then that he would preside over the Senate's Jan. 6 session because he didn't expect Pence to be there.

This caused a kerfuffle at the time — in large part because some thought he had referred to the joint session Pence was due to preside over. Some on social media wagered that it showed Pence's removal was the plan all along, and Grassley had let it slip. But Grassley's actual comments referred to a Senate session, and indeed the two chambers were due to meet separately to consider objections to a state's election results.

Whether they would put Grassley in there (if he were willing to play along) or another, the point is the same:  they wanted Pence far away so he couldn't perform his job, and the "hang Mike Pence" chants were handy cover to claim the reason for moving him was his for his own safety.

Geowhizzer

SD

Bannon found guilty of defying Jan 6th testimony subpoena...faces a minimum of 30 days in jail

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/07/22/politics/steve-bannon-contempt-of-congress-january-6-verdict/index.html

Piece of shtein I hope he gets shanked

PhillyPhreak54

farg Bannon - next level scumbag.

Going back to J6 - this thing is so deep; who left the bomb? Who put the gallows out? Where's the detail on the convenient "tours" the day before?