Rest Of Baseball - 2017

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 08, 2017, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

I posted the same picture in the racism thread.  I debated which thread to put it into, and after thinking about it, it probably should be in both anyway.  Too important to ignore.

QB Eagles

I've read a history book or two, and can definitively say that racism is way more American than baseball. Baseball is more of a Dominican thing nowadays anyway.

General_Failure

So are they for it or against it?

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Unclear what their intent was. But it has the word racism in it so it must be newsworthy, controversial, and teachable somehow. Kinda hoping it was just a Foxwoods stunt hoping to create a viral meme with their logo in it. Nothing like shedding that white guilt by losing several paychecks to the red man.

ice grillin you

GF was joking but they are clearly millennial hipsters
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

How appropriate that they hung it in the most racist city in the country.   Also - how anyone could misinterpret the meaning is beyond me.   Racism is as woven into the fabric of this country as baseball.   Durrr... I don't get it. 

PhillyPhreak54

Two out b9 and Lindor ties it with an RBI double

Hopefully they can keep it going

phattymatty

wait are we mad at these guys?

i mean yeah they are probably douches because they live in boston but they made a statement that made big news. good for them.

ice grillin you

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 14, 2017, 01:52:08 PM
GF was joking but they are clearly millennial hipsters

antifa to be exact

i saw a twitter video of one of them demanding that mlb disband and a new league come up that is 50/50 people who identify as male/female. i mean im a raging liberal but
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

i have a strong feeling where j and rome come down on the protective netting debate but i need to hear it to be sure
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Tell me where I am, sweetheart

ice grillin you

I actually think j is for it

grandpa romey  thinks it's another example of the pussification of the country

MDS

theyre both against it. PAY ATTENTION at the games. they of course are both super athletic real men who will intently watch all 350 pitches and have the reflexes and reaction to not only get out of the way of a screaming line drive coming at them at 120 mph, but catch it barehanded without dropping their beer.

Rome

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm for it.