The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

So, obviously, I don't follow college football, so I don't now much about it. How is Oregon supposed to recruit players when their coach is looking to leave all the time?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Oregon is basically an NFL franchise facilities wise thanks to Nike.

JackStraw

I hope he stays. Kelly situation reeks of desperation and anytime this ownership reaches it never works out. Hire a decent nfl guy and go get some players.
Endless regression to the mean

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on January 06, 2013, 01:03:07 PM
So, obviously, I don't follow college football, so I don't now much about it. How is Oregon supposed to recruit players when their coach is looking to leave all the time?

That happens to many programs each year. Every college coach is always lookin' to dip out. They recruit on lies that they will be there to provide great education and groom the kids and then once someone else offers a million bucks more they're gone.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2013, 12:41:40 PM
sounds to me like kelly was staying at oregon the whole time...these interviews are an ego trip

Let the money lover tell you the truth: It wasn't about the ego; it was about the coin. Now the time has come for Phil Knight to casually throw another few million at Kelly to keep him in the Pacific Northwest.

BigEd76

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 06, 2013, 12:49:08 PM
People mentioning on Twitter, and I had read this before, that Kelly really wants Carolina and Scam to be his bride. So he's stringing this out and will ultimately go back until Rivera is canned

Why would Carolina want anything to do with him if he pulls this shtein two years in a row?

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 06, 2013, 01:41:15 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2013, 12:41:40 PM
sounds to me like kelly was staying at oregon the whole time...these interviews are an ego trip

Let the money lover tell you the truth: It wasn't about the ego; it was about the coin. Now the time has come for Phil Knight to casually throw another few million at Kelly to keep him in the Pacific Northwest.

phil knight had money long before this interview spectacle....people love getting love....thats what this is all about

he even got everyone flying across the country just to kiss his ring
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

QuoteBobGlauber
Source familiar with Chip Kelly's situation on where he'll wind up: staying at Oregon.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 06, 2013, 01:54:28 PM
QuoteBobGlauber
Source familiar with Chip Kelly's situation on where he'll wind up: staying at Oregon.

He backtracked on that already and said he wasn't reporting it just passing along what someone thinks...oh, ok Bob.

SD

Eagles are interviewing Mccoy this afternoon, pretty sure if Kelly was going to happen it already would have. Good riddance.

Munson

I think i'm gonna hop aboard the McCoy train.

He'll need a neat nickname to watch LeSean. Sunny and Shady McCoy?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Dillen

Quote from: SD on January 06, 2013, 02:04:24 PM
Eagles are interviewing Mccoy this afternoon, pretty sure if Kelly was going to happen it already would have. Good riddance.
Not saying Kelly will come here (or that I even want him), but have you ever juggled more than one option of anything at the same time? As annoying as it is for fans, he's doing the right thing.

PhillyPhreak54

PoopyfaceMcGee

Maybe they can trade a draft pick to the Jets for both Rex Ryan and Tebow. Maybe that would shut you fargers up.

BigEd76

QuoteJasonLaCanfora
Everything I continue to hear leads me to continue to believe that Chip Kelly is staying at Oregon, which was always a very real possibility

QuoteJasonLaCanfora
... But, again, until Kelly says something to his players and the school, anything is possible in this situation