Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 05, 2014, 02:27:08 AM
Yep Charles Dance is awesome.  Tywin is a great character -- one that is improved on screen IMO because of the strong portrayal. 

it is known

Eagaholic

I talked with a friend yesterday whose daughter just got into some exclusive graduate program for writing. she did an undergraduate thesis on something from game of thrones, he is  going to send me a copy. Looking forward to reading it.

Diomedes

What school is accepting papers for undergrad credits on Game of Thrones? 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Yeah sign me up for that school, writing papers would be a breeze.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on April 06, 2014, 05:46:52 PM

http://lolmythesis.com/

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagles_Legendz

thought that was a pretty good catch up episode as a premiere (though I may be biased in liking any episode more that's missing Theon & Bran while favoring King's Landing).  I thought the dude cast as Oberyn knocked out his intro scene.  Dany's story continues to be less compelling than the other major ones, though I know some people like hers the best. 

Also minor fun note -- the Duncan the Tall character that Joffrey referenced in the White Book is who the Dunk and Egg short stories written by GRRM are about.  He's not in the main books but it was a nice little easter egg.  The other dude referenced, Arthur Dayne/"the sword of the morning" is actually a pretty significant character in terms of the backstory in the books (Jaime idolizes him) but they've mostly folded his character into Barristan Selmy in the show.

Eagaholic

I think that egg is gone. didn't like the new Daario so much, especially with that British accent.  curious about the symbology of the blue rose being called a "dusk" rose. looks like they cut the entire Brienne/pod line from the books out. nice little touch added with Drogon snapping at Dany to make the point.I think it's the first time we've seen Arya smile in many episodes, getting needle and a new horse.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Diomedes on April 06, 2014, 05:46:52 PM
Florida, I believe.

Munson

Oberyn was badass. Really gonna like that character.

Pretty sad that they melted down Ice. Adding insult to Stark injury.

Arthur Dayne is one of the Kingsguard that Ned and his group killed at the Tower Of Joy. Was pretty cool hearing his name mentioned. Unfortunately i haven't been able to find the Dunk and Egg tales anywhere. Wish they would print them somewhere.

Did not know if they'd bring back Janos Slynt after Tyrion sent him to the Wall, I'm glad they did. farg that guy. Hope he gets farged up by some Wildlings or White Walkers.

Liked seeing Jaime and Brienne again, even if it was only for a short scene. "You have the hair...not the looks" :-D

Didn't expect to see the Ser Dontos story line come around, since I'm pretty sure that started in book 2 and they didn't touch on it once in Season 2 or 3 after Sansa saved him. Wonder how that's gonna go..
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Eagles_Legendz

hbionic

Did anyone else agree with the choice of prostitute they selected? Including the boy?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

That boy was the same dude that banged out Loras in Season 3 to find out for Littlefinger what the Tyrell's were planning on doing with Sansa.

hbionic

Quote from: Munson on April 07, 2014, 01:49:53 PM
That boy was the same dude that banged out Loras in Season 3 to find out for Littlefinger what the Tyrell's were planning on doing with Sansa.

That wasn't a no.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

TexasEagle

Quote from: Munson on April 07, 2014, 11:34:54 AM
Pretty sad that they melted down Ice. Adding insult to Stark injury.

Not really a spoiler but it's a vital part of the story later on.

Quote from: Munson on April 07, 2014, 11:34:54 AM
Unfortunately i haven't been able to find the Dunk and Egg tales anywhere. Wish they would print them somewhere.

Missed the part I meant to quote... there's two Graphic novels that tell the tale of Dunk & Egg. Nothing in regular print that I can recall. You can find them on Amazon for cheap (like $15.00 each) in hard cover. If you really like his books and you're not a "comics are for kids" type they're worth the buy. Highly recommend them - at least the first one which was really a good read; The second on is kind of "Meh" but it fills in some additional background. The name would probably help. It's called "The Hedge Knight"... I think it was adapted from a Short Story compilation book several years back but I didn't read it so can't say with certainty it's the same character or not.

The graphic novel adaptions of the main books are good too but they're taking forever to come out.