Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

Quote from: Yeti on June 17, 2015, 10:58:40 PM
I'm taking a new approach when watching this show from now on.  i hope the end game is Ramsey Bolton sitting in Kings landing on a throne of flayed bodies of the remaining characters drinking gallons of wine at a time from the Mountains shiny new helmet.

redden???   ???
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

smeags

that actually sounds like thankgiving dinner at the yeti compound.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hbionic

Quote from: smeags on June 18, 2015, 08:04:09 AM
Quote from: hbionic on June 17, 2015, 04:45:07 PM
Hey iceholes, how about writing *Spoiler* when talking about the book smeags!

wtf are you talking about ?

Sorry. Hey iceholes, how about writing *Spoiler* when talking about the book Eagles_Legendz!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Eagles_Legendz

I didn't think I was spoiling anything.  I was discussing how it diverged with how the book handled the same scene but I will cover that up.

hbionic

Thank you.  :-*

It's nothing I guess I couldn't have reasoned, in terms of Snow leading the wildlings at Winterfell, but I like not reading anything or projecting only to be surprised. So, why do I come into this thread? Because I get GOT withdrawal symptoms.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Eagles_Legendz

To be clear I'm not saying he actually did that in the books ...

[spoiler]im saying he was planning on it and that was part of the motivation for the night's watch betraying him.  They just dropped that storyline in the show (that he was planning on doing that)[/spoiler]

Yeti

Quote from: hunt on June 18, 2015, 11:14:42 AM
Quote from: Yeti on June 17, 2015, 10:58:40 PM
I'm taking a new approach when watching this show from now on.  i hope the end game is Ramsey Bolton sitting in Kings landing on a throne of flayed bodies of the remaining characters drinking gallons of wine at a time from the Mountains shiny new helmet.

redden???   ???

Hunt???    ???
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Yeti

Quote from: smeags on June 18, 2015, 11:22:01 AM

Do I know you?
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

smeags

Quote from: Yeti on June 19, 2015, 02:10:26 AM
Quote from: smeags on June 18, 2015, 11:22:01 AM

Do I know you?

no but i'm the guy you never see in the bushes.

General_Failure

Great, now you've got him wondering if he's Tyler Durden.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Finished book 3...damn. That's a twist I definitely wish the show included, if only to give us SOME sort of bright spot. But now I'm kinda pissed if they do decide to do it down the line...though I'm not sure how/when they would.

So, Legendz...what chapters can I read and not read in the next couple books? Gonna skip all the Greyjoy chapters because we may be getting their story next season.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

You're safe with almost everything.  Even the Greyjoy storyline I think will be significantly different than the books.  Asha/Yara is confirmed waaaaay different.

They're honestly pretty much through everything that they did that stuck to the books.  The rest was very different.

Eagles_Legendz

Only at the Emmys can the best set piece the show has ever done (Hardhome) not pick up a directing nomination, while arguably the worst episode in the show's history (Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken) get one

smeags

thats why i never pay attention to any awards shows.