The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteMay 20, 2007 -- IT'S hard out there for a professional athlete who gets no attention from the usually man-hungry ladies at Clifton, N.J., nightspot The Bliss Club. Sources say New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress insulted female patrons there and "left the club without paying his $2,000 tab."

It seemed that Burress was upset Wednesday night because "no women were paying any attention to him."

Spies at Bliss told Page Six Burress came in at around 11 p.m., but stayed only about 90 minutes. While he lounged at the VIP table overlooking the dance floor, Burress and his crew "kept the cocktail waitress running back and forth," ordering "several rounds of Dom Perignon and Grey Goose."

The worst offense? "He didn't even tip his cocktail waitress," said a source, who noted that Burress and his crew "were obviously on the prowl." At one point, said the witness, Plaxico "got up from his VIP table and approached a group of girls at the bar."

That's when he propositioned a female patron out of the blue. "She just yelled back, 'You've got the wrong girl,' " relates our witness. Burress was spotted storming out minutes later "without returning to his table or paying his tab."

The NFLer, recently praised in the press for attending voluntary workouts during the Giants' off-season, was also snubbing male fans at the club. Spies said he refused to sign the jersey of one who raced home to retrieve it when he learned Burress was there, hoping to get an autograph.

One club regular told us the place is often visited by major sports stars, including Yankees Robinson Cano and Melky Cabrera and Burress' fellow Giant star Brandon Jacobs. "I have never seen a professional athlete behave this way," said the source.

The Bliss Club's bottle-service host, Joe Martino, confirmed the $2,000 bill was not paid by Burress or anyone in his group."

Via a rep for the Giants, Burress confirmed he was at the club, but denied walking out on his tab or propositioning anyone.

Feva

QuoteIt seemed that Burress was upset Wednesday night because "no women were paying any attention to him."

Well... what the farg do you expect when you look like a ladybug?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF6FlcQEKKc

I was looking for the clip of Burress spiking the ball after a catch when he was a Stiller and found that clip.

MDS

Paying respect to her by sitting around and drinking 40's while smoking weed and playing video games. Word.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BlueHeart

Quote from: EagleFeva on May 23, 2007, 04:28:00 AM
QuoteIt seemed that Burress was upset Wednesday night because "no women were paying any attention to him."

Well... what the farg do you expect when you look like a ladybug?

I'd just like to say that I am highly offended at the title of this thread.
Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...

General_Failure

Tell your team to stop sucking then.

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

They do suck don't they? Why the hell the Mara and Tish kept Coughlin is beyond me. The Giants seems to implode at the end of the season, and it seems to me that coaching is a big part of it. When you have guys on offense who are proven pro-bowlers like Tiki and Shockey who, imo, were not getting the ball half as much as they should have, something is wrong with the playbook.

I would have fired Coughlin in a heartbeat, and begged Tiki for one more year. shtein, Parcells was gonna' be available, could have brought him back. Wouldn't have been any worse off.

shorebird

oh my

QuoteGIANTS -- Despite winning just two of their final six games, the Giants, at 8-8, were a playoff team last year.

That's not going to happen again this year. The team made some minor moves to fix its many problems, but those Band-Aids are not going to stop all the internal bleeding.

It starts with lame duck head coach Tom Coughlin, who figures to be in his final season.

Tiki Barber, the heart of the offense, is gone and Reuben Droughns is hardly a suitable replacement. It also doesn't help that wide receiver Plaxico Burress and tight end Jeremy Shockey show up to camps if and when they feel like it.

Defensively, the team's back seven remains a problem, and other than first-round pick Aaron Ross, the team did little to make it better.

While next year could be a bad one, there is hope for the Giants. Their best offseason move was the hiring of personnel man Marc Ross, who will be GM Jerry Reese's top assistant. Ross knows talent as well as anyone in the league, so in time the team will be back.

rjs246

Losing Tiki singlehandedly makes the Giants a non-factor. Their offense was the only thing that had the potential to keep them competitive. Their defense blows, their coaching doesn't fit the talent on the team and now their offense will be even more inconsistent. I love it.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

At least their coaches talk to each other, so they've got that going for them.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on June 03, 2007, 12:20:41 PM
Losing Tiki singlehandedly makes the Giants a non-factor. Their offense was the only thing that had the potential to keep them competitive. Their defense blows, their coaching doesn't fit the talent on the team and now their offense will be even more inconsistent. I love it.

I love this post. It makes me all sorts of happy.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN