Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

Now I'm reading that police shot him, and that the injuries might be due to police tear gas exposure.

Geowhizzer

Sounds like the guy fired in the air and then used tear gas.  25 reported injured, but they could be from the effects of the tear gas.

CNN

Susquehanna Birder

Early descriptions said he was "heavily armed." I'm curious to see if he was, or if that was just knee-jerk speculation.

MDS

whats your point...gun violence happens everywhere? omg

rape happens everyone, too. should just throw those laws out, they dont work.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Susquehanna Birder

Nothing more than that the twitterati these days, regardless of the facts, jumps to conclusions.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

You can't kill fifty people with a 1776 gun.  The gun nuts would tell us that the law was intended to apply as freely to a blunderbuss as to a modern semi-automatic assault rife.  The framers didn't even have revolvers.  They could not have imagined the weaponry that would be invented, and made available to effectiverly any and all persons in the Unites States (sidebar to the Framers: slaves are free, women can vote too, sorry for the bad news).

What really tells the lie to me is that the NRA is not openly advocating for legalization of flamethrowers, hand grenades, RPGs, and fully auto machine guns.  Why not?  Because they are actually pro-gun control themselves, just at a different level than everyone else.

I'd have no problem with our current gun laws if the guns available were 1776 tech.  That could be a good thing, on balance.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Personally, I won't be satisfied until I have one of these bad boys in my back swamp yard.

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Active shooter in Denver

Wonder where the law abiding citizen with a gun is to stop this madness!

Diomedes

several possible places to park the demise of Zurlon Tipton, Jr. --I almost threw igy a bone and dropped this into the Kanye thread as the first death all year that might not actually be better than Kanye---but in the end I decided he falls best here, because this is what we can expect when we allow what are basically instruments of war to be carried by common citizens

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2016/06/police_report_911_call_reveal.html
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger