Science 'n Shtein

Started by hbionic, August 23, 2011, 02:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

im watching it lol but they keep holding for this goddamn valve.  it's only a valve, what can go wrong?

oh...

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

LOL, it sounds like they're working on a hot water heater.  Increasing the pressure to 35psi in the core to force out whatever could be clogging the valves.  Honestly 35psi seems super low. 

NASA has done a great job trying to rebuild their brand, utilizing social media, and gaining interest in space travel again.  I watched a documentary called The Cosmonaut Coverup, and Gagarin wasn't the first Russian in space.  It really went into detail of how the Russians scrubbed any failures from history.  Which in turn is what made the US Space program go next to the next level by using that adversity. 

Scrubbed till tomorrow. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

mother fargers...all that waiting for nothing. stop being Hoydas
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

General_Failure

NASA Wants to Send a Submarine to Titan's Seas

QuoteIn a sneak peek of a possible future mission to Saturn's moon Titan, NASA has showcased their vision of a robotic submersible that could explore the moon's vast lakes of liquid methane and ethane.

Studying Titan is thought to be looking back in time at an embryonic Earth, only a lot colder. Titan is the only moon in the solar system to have a significant atmosphere and this atmosphere is known to possess its own methane cycle, like Earth's water cycle. Methane exists in a liquid state, raining down on a landscape laced with hydrocarbons, forming rivers, valleys and seas.

Several seas have been extensively studied by NASA's Cassini spacecraft during multiple flybys, some of which average a few meters deep, whereas others have depths of over 200 meters (660 feet) — the maximum depth at which Cassini's radar instrument can penetrate.

So, if scientists are to properly explore Titan, they must find a way to dive into these seas to reveal their secrets.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

why did god put water on one of saturn's moons? is this explained in the bible???
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

shorebird

Quote from: MDS on February 14, 2015, 12:09:06 AM
why did god put water on one of saturn's moons? is this explained in the bible???
::)

Maybe you should actually read the quote. It's not water. It's liquid methane. Although in the last five years scientist have uncovered strong evidence of a ocean under the crust relatively close to the surface. The evidence is gathered from around ten years of gravity data and the movement of the moons surface, which according to scientist can only be explained by a ocean of liquid underneath it. They even estimate from the movement of the crust that the ocean is very salty, as salty as any on earth.

July 2, 2014:  Scientists analyzing data from NASA's Cassini mission have firm evidence of an ocean inside Saturn's largest moon, Titan, which might be as salty as the Earth's Dead Sea.

shorebird

If you like this stuff, the NASA site I posted the link from is loaded with cool science stuff, amazing pictures and up to date articles on their missions like the Cassini probes mission to Titan. Imo, it's better than the tv channel.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on February 14, 2015, 12:09:06 AM

It's the Promised Land.  Better get your Exodus ready.

shorebird

Send Dio, first time he lights up he'll ignite the atmosphere.

Tomahawk

If it was part of god's plan for that to happen to Dio, it would happen here. Maybe he can still get kid cancer instead.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

Nasa's Curiosity rover finds water below surface of Mars

QuoteMars has liquid water just below its surface, according to new measurements by Nasa's Curiosity rover.

Until now, scientists had thought that conditions on the red planet were too cold and arid for liquid water to exist, although there were known to be deposits of ice.

Prof Andrew Coates, head of planetary science at the Mullard Space, said: "The evidence so far is that any water would be in the form of permafrost. It's the first time we've had evidence of liquid water there now."

The latest findings suggest that Martian soil is damp with liquid brine, due to the presence of a salt that significantly lowers the freezing point of water. When mixed with calcium perchlorate liquid water can exist down to around -70C, and the salt also soaks up water vapour from the atmosphere.

New measurements from the Gale crater show that during winter nights until just after sunrise, temperatures and humidity levels are just right for liquid brine to form.

The man. The myth. The legend.