CF Financial

Started by hbionic, February 12, 2010, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

That is a good feeling; congrats!

Diomedes

I'm $2,500 away from killing mine.  Turned 43 a couple days ago.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

Ditch digging school ain't cheap ;-). And happy birthday.

Diomedes

Yeah, I went to a very expensive liberal arts college.  Great education, don't regret it one bit.  Don't even regret the loans.   What I got was worth every penny.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Wasn't Dio some corporate slob in NYC before he ditched that life for ditch digging? 

Zanshin

He was. SAP, as I recall. And I recall that because I'm working on literally the world's largest SAP implementation and i've never wanted to dig ditches more.

Sgt PSN

Rome

One of the few benefits of attending a state university was the reasonable cost.  I wish I'd taken every dime and invested in Apple or Microsoft.  Or hookers and blow.  Something worthwhile. 

PhillyPhreak54

Congrats, SD. The real pimp move would've been to have some broad pay them off for you!

I have $1800 left and I'm killing it next month.

PhillyPhreak54

Just read about the equifax data hack

And how people in the company sold stock before it was announced

Lock their asses up

Sgt PSN

Ok, so I know pretty much nothing about the stock market.  About 20 years ago my dad's employer gave him some stock in a company that made semiconductors.  He had forgotten about it completely and just recently found the stock certificates in a box. Looks like the company merged with another company a few years ago. When that happens,  what happens to the stock? How would I go about finding out if these things are worth anything?

smeags

Companies often get sold or merged in the growth phase. When one company (or an investor) wants to buy another company, it proposes a deal to make an "acquisition" or buyout, usually by taking ownership of the company stock. Investors who hold shares of a company targeted for a buyout may have some options to consider.

Tender Offers

In order to take control of the company the company desiring to acquire another company will propose buying shares at a price that is higher than the market price. Doing so current stockholder will have the financial incentive to sell. This is known as tender offer.

Cash or Stock Mergers

For shareholders, mergers can occur two ways. In a cash exchange, the controlling company will buy the shares at the proposed price, and the shares will disappear from the owner's portfolio, replaced with the corresponding amount of cash. Other times, companies will announce a stock-for-stock merger, in which holders of shares of the takeover company will have that stock replaced with shares of the new company. Often, the deal is structured as a combination of both methods, with shareholders receiving some cash and some stocks.

I would contact the new company to follow up.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Equifax breach settlement. Only takes a few minutes to fill out. You can get free credit monitoring for 6 months or $125 (take the money). You're all eligible

https://www.equifaxbreachsettlement.com/

Here's the site to see if your info was compromised (mine was)
https://eligibility.equifaxbreachsettlement.com/en/eligibility

PhillyPhreak54

Oh snap.

I was affected. Taking the money.

Good looking out. I haven't seen an wacky shtein on my credit reports (I use MyFico monitoring).

General_Failure

$125? Whoops, that's a typo. Now it's up to $125. Everybody's getting a quarter.

The man. The myth. The legend.