Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

I watched Wonder Woman some time in the last month. Easily the best of the new DC movies, which isn't saying much. A slightly better version of the first Captain America movie, which still isn't saying much. It was okay, but had way too many "Zach Snyder made us do another of these stupid close ups" scenes that took up time that could have been used to flush out the ragtag band of misfits a little more. Hated the romance, but I don't like Gal Gadot or Chris Pine and you can't have a movie without one, so farg it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on July 22, 2017, 08:41:24 PM
Didn't like dunkirk as much as I was expecting.

this doesn't surprise me...feel like people are forcing themselves to like it because it's Nolan
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Hey, you wanna know just how awful Ready Player One will be? Go ahead and listen to this.

The man. The myth. The legend.

smeags

watched spiderman  homecoming - not to bad. nice to finally see an actor play the lead role that doesn't look 30.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

smeags

legend - I dug it, a lot.

you care.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i called him morgan - great little documentary about lee morgan who was one of the best jazz trumpeters of all time and his tragic love story....it also goes deep into old school 60's and 70's nyc and its amazing jazz scene...not everyone is going to be into that stuff but for me it was excellent...also some really great art blakey jazz messengers stuff....no breaking news here but good god were they amazing

8/10

ice grillin you

detroit - holy crap i wish i hadnt seen this....what a depressing farging watch...tears of rage will flow upon viewing....only thing that saved me from not attacking a cop afterwards is that i knew the ending so it softened the anger a tad...shout out chris partlow and katheryn bigelow is a goddess

8/10

Rome

Saw Atomic Blonde with my daughter today.  Nothing like sitting through a lesbian scene with your 17 year old child sitting next to you.

Aside from that, the movie was pretty good.  Charlize Theron is amazing.  The rest of the cast including James McAvoy was a bit less so but still good.

Aside from the lead character being a woman, it was your usual shoot-em-up 80's spy flick.  The soundtrack, on the other hand, was exceptional.   There's a mildly surprising twist at the end.  Unless you're a total moron, it won't be all that much of a surprise.

I'll give it a 7.5 out of 10.

SD

I had surgery yesterday. Nobody worry I'm fine. I'm stuck at home popping oxy's all day and watching movies. Just watched American Psycho...thought it was extremely average. Maybe I'm just really pilled up but I missed the point of the movie.

ice grillin you

there was no point and calling it average is being kind....i thought it sucked ass

i just recently watched a netflix movie called tramps about a couple who falls in love during a botched caper....would have been a lot better if they gave the specifics of what the caper was all about but they kind of just ignore it and concentrate on the couple...still was a worthy watch tho and the girl in it is cute as farg....its also nice and shor...not exactly sure how long but seemed like a little over an hour

6.5/10

phattymatty

Anyone see this MoviePass thing?

I go to like one movie a year in the theaters but I think with this I would go pretty often. Just because. Seems pretty amazing for customers. Probably going to test it out for a month or so. Their website has been pretty buggy so far but it apparently works at any theater that takes debit cards? I assume that's all of them?

That being said, I have no idea how they will last as a company. Only thing I can think of is they think it'll get really hot like Netflix and then the big movie theaters will have to bring them onboard somehow.  I don't see it lasting more than a few months until they are broke.

phattymatty

also I saw wonder woman last week. surprisingly good and one of the better comic book movies.

i had no idea about the whole greek god backstory. i always just assumed she got bit by a sexy bug or something like spiderman.

Sgt PSN

Never heard of it so I had to Google it. $10/month to see a movie per day ain't bad. If I had to guess, I'd say the average movie ticket is $10-12, so if you go to the movies twice a month you basically just got a buy one get one free deal.

I have no idea how they intend to make a profit with that though.

ice grillin you

i joined it even tho it seems too good to be true....but i easily average two movies a month and ill see anything for free so if this is real ill probably go at least once a week...of it isnt real well oh well it was just ten bucks

phattymatty

i mean it's most def legit. i just can't see how they make money on it. although it's the same guy who started netflix so who knows. i imagine that theaters make most of their money through concessions anyway, so maybe that's their angle to squeeze themselves in.