The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteEveryone on the planet knows the words to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song. It's infamous. It's parodied constantly. It's been translated into a bajillion languages. There's no way anyone could get the lyrics confused for a school shooting threat, right? Wrong.

An Ambridge Area High School student, 19-year-old Travis Clawson, quotes a passage from the song in his voicemail greeting, saying "...just shootin' some b-ball outside of the school." When the receptionist from his eye doctor's office called him on Thursday to confirm an appointment, she thought that the message was a warning, indicating that he was busy "shooting people" outside of his school. She called Ambridge school officials, prompting a swift lockdown of some schools in Western Pennsylvania.[\quote]

The receptionist should be publicly shamed for being a dumb farg

MDS

keeping him away from school was smart, suspending him was not

but then again its florida
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Not gonna use one of my few links per month on that piece...I assume it's about the guy who ate the dude's heart?

ice grillin you

there one line on someone eating an organ...doesnt say heart...and much more

im not saying we need to go in but someone else or the interntional community has to do something...theres war then theres this.....its on a much smaller scale obviously but its not unlike the african genocides the world ignored...main difference is the world supposedly cares about this conflict

Seabiscuit36

The main issue with Syria is the implications around the middle east.  This should be the Arab League stepping in, instead its festered and gotten bloody beyond what anyone thought it'd be.  Assad will see trial or death soon
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 04, 2013, 09:30:10 AM
Student gets suspended for disarming another student who pulled a gun.

This is my school district; not my school (our "districts" are county-wide - ours has in the neighborhood of 85,000 students).  My understanding is that the student was suspended for either lying to school officials or refusing to cooperate with the investigation.

There was a local article that said something about that the other students were suspended while the kid that had the gun was not.  More than likely, any school action with the student must wait until after the authorities have conducted their investigation.  The kid will never return to this high school - he may be allowed to attend the alternative school for some period of time after whatever sentence he has to serve.  I do have to admit to being a little confused why a parent hadn't been contacted, unless the administration is waiting for the investigation to be completed.

Caveat:  I have no personal knowledge of this case, and am operating with the same press coverage all of you are.

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 16, 2013, 07:45:19 PM
there one line on someone eating an organ...doesnt say heart...and much more

im not saying we need to go in but someone else or the interntional community has to do something...theres war then theres this.....its on a much smaller scale obviously but its not unlike the african genocides the world ignored...main difference is the world supposedly cares about this conflict

This is pretty on point. I suspect Obama is playing chicken with the international community in an effort to stop having the US be the default police officer for the entire world but in the meantime shtein is getting more and more out of hand. I get that we are trying to change our policies and the world's expectations of us, but Jesus Syria is a farging catastrophe and something needs to be done.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

ice grillin you