Rest Of Baseball - 2022

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 13, 2022, 10:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I can't wait.

It'll be like the softball scene in Gung Ho!

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Watching a turd dry in the sun is more enthralling than Smoltz.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

was that mike gallego pitching?  what a career.

PhillyPhreak54

Reportedly 93% of the TVs in Japan last night were tuned into the game

MDS

i believe thats the share (% of people *watching* tv, not % of people which is the rating) though i cant find any verification of this from a reputable source -- barstool does not count mr. j. this game took place in the early to mid morning in japan, so most people probably consumed the game at work on a stream. might take a minute to get the total viewership but its going to be a hefty number. the clip of the walk off is over 20 million on twitter alone. harper's homer from the nlcs is at 2.5 million.

so we're dealing just an insane amount of interest that baseball never has. but it doesnt matter and nobody cares.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

I went to a baseball game in Tokyo once and it was crazy as shtein. I think the team was called the swallows.

instead of old men beer vendors they have hot little Japanese women in frilly mini skirts with baby kegs on their back and they pour you beers right into your cup.  I have some hilarious videos, half the stadium was blackout drunk by the third inning, myself included.

Don Ho

Saw shohei pitch in Phoenix in June 2021.  Good God!  It was like the Beatles, Beyonce, Elvis all in one with the hype and media coverage.  He is the real deal and I am so glad junior, wife and I got to see him play.  What a specimen, just amazing.  He is the face of MLB and global baseball.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phattymatty on March 21, 2023, 01:12:19 PM
I went to a baseball game in Tokyo once and it was crazy as shtein. I think the team was called the swallows.

instead of old men beer vendors they have hot little Japanese women in frilly mini skirts with baby kegs on their back and they pour you beers right into your cup.  I have some hilarious videos, half the stadium was blackout drunk by the third inning, myself included.

It this story was posted anonymously and we had to guess which person this happened to it would be Matty by a mile.

and, lil guy, I didn't see that on barstool. It was a post on FB. Next time I'll get triple sources to satisfy your inner Woodward & Bernstein.

MDS

oh well a post on FB...theres no way it could be nonsense then

PhillyPhreak54

Reportedly means what to you...?

SD

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 21, 2023, 07:42:51 PM
Reportedly means what to you...?

a fb post is not a report! i am gong to teach you news literacy, son

heres a report: trea turner is king

PhillyPhreak54