Super Bowl 56 Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 30, 2022, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on February 14, 2022, 05:52:22 AM

Some years ago the BBC had Rage do a live radio thing and asked them not to sing the original lyrics for Killing In the Name.   Lol @ telling Zach de later Rocha not to do something.

Exact response repeated 10x "farg you I won't do what you tell me"

Rome

The reaction to the halftime show was as sad and predictable as you'd expect from a racist empire crumbling into irrelevancy. 

Diomedes

"Zack de later..."  lol...f'n autocorrect
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

the eminem being told not to kneel thing is totally unverified...but it got around twitter and sounded right so everyone believed it. im not sure where the initial "report" originated from but it was never reputable or legit sourced. the league said they knew he was gonna do it. but that was after every idiot on twitter took at as fact so here we are

Quote from: Rome on February 14, 2022, 06:12:41 AM
The reaction to the halftime show was as sad and predictable as you'd expect from a racist empire crumbling into irrelevancy. 

a lot of this is performative. the grift of maga is to just hate whatever other is, and rap at the SB halftime is other so they gotta hate it. the issue is the legions of mongoloids who jump at the chance to hate on black people for no other reason than to hate on black people
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I was reading some of the MAGAworld's responses to the show.

Charlie Kirk's was what you'd expect from a little shtein like him - what's funny is he's one who talked about boycotting the NFL. So he obviously was watching. Just like all the other mouthbreathing shteinbags who said they'd never watch again.

hunt

in the least shocking news ever, my old man posted on his fb that it was the worst super bowl halftime show ever.   :-D
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

phattymatty

I don't have any conservatives in in my life anymore so don't see the totally expected outrage, but I thought Eminem kneeled as a salute to Tupac while Dre did that little piano tune of I ain't mad at cha. Not that it matters but I don't think it was a political stance lol.

PhillyPhreak54

Even if that was the intention -- the MAGA idiots see what they wanna see.

And obviously kneeling at any point in a sporting event will be looked at as some political stance. Even if a dude gets whacked in the nuts and kneels in pain those nutless freaks would think its some political point.

Rome

Political or not, that halftime show was amazing.  I'm glad I recorded that worthless pos game now just for the show.

Not surprising but in MAGAland down here, whiteys were not fans.  I went on and on about Snoop and Dre and the startled looks I got were something else. 

PhillyPhreak54

Talking about the game with a customer this afternoon

So what did ya think about that halftime show?

I loved it. Grew up listening to it all.

....silence...

Oh so you actually understood what they were saying.

Rome

I had lunch with my Buddy and we were both laughing about the reactions his "friends" had to the show on FB.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 14, 2022, 07:41:24 PMOh so you actually understood what they were saying.

ask him to tell you what these guys are saying

https://youtu.be/1RZJ4ESU52U
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on February 14, 2022, 08:18:45 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 14, 2022, 07:41:24 PMOh so you actually understood what they were saying.

ask him to tell you what these guys are saying

https://youtu.be/1RZJ4ESU52U

Doubt he listens to that either. He's a camo wearing white dude. I'd bet that Brooks and Dunn are more his speed.

MDS

the way they count viewership has changed fairly significantly over the past few years....and the way people consume media has always changed a lot. so you cant apple to apple 2017 to 2019 to 2021 but

2017 - 113 mil
2020 - 92
2021 - 110 mil (98 on tv the old fashioned way) + another 2 in spanish but they dont directly count because the commercials were different not that that matters to anyone

the short version is a lot of people watched, the nfl is thrilled and rich people are getting richer
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.