ConcreteBoard

Advanced search

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 96   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All Gonna Die  (Read 11270 times)

Munson

• Inept Security Guard
  • The Rubber Man
Re: We're All Gonna Die
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2020, 11:06:06 AM »

Been to Portland twice and liked it both times. Didnít spend enough time to say I really experienced the city but hit a couple breweries and just liked the overall feel of it.

Hereís a couple of threads from doctors in Italy (supposedly) for your reading uh pleasure?

https://twitter.com/silviast9/status/1236933818654896129

https://twitter.com/jasonvanschoor/status/1237142891077697538
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

• Inept Security Guard
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2020, 12:25:03 PM »

flights to europe are dirt cheap right now.  think i might snag a long weekend somewhere fun.

AO1

• Don Quixote
  • Inept Security Guard
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2020, 01:16:06 PM »

those are garbage ass cancun places and still around the same price as a 10 day cruise

dont get me wrong id rather pay double and go to a good resort but theres no price comparison...nothing can beat a cruise for the value

They look fine to me and Iíd stay at any one of them for 4 nights before I got stuck on a ship with a few thousand people.

Supposed to go to Disney end of April, like all of our trips itís tentative. Babyís momma told me yesterday she wonít let me take my daughter. I told her to farg off. She threatened to call the cops  :-D
farging women.  They get you to do the dumbest shtein.

Munson

• Inept Security Guard
  • The Rubber Man
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2020, 01:27:26 PM »

flights to europe are dirt cheap right now.  think i might snag a long weekend somewhere fun.

I mean, at this point, unless itís Italy...is there anywhere in Europe youíre gonna go that would be less safe than America at this point? Lol

I guess the only problem is youíll be more likely to do touristy things which means more time spent in large crowds, but...itís not like weíre exactly doing a bang up job on containment here atm
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

• 2005 NFL 1st Round Mock Draft Champ
  • Inept Security Guard
  • Five Fo Will Kill You
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2020, 01:34:15 PM »

My girl looked up cruises yesterday and some were as low as $189

Maybe itís because I was in the Navy for 9 years and cramped on a ship most of that time but I never understood the appeal of a cruise. Iíve asked people and theyíve said thereís shows and activities etc. but for roughly the same amount of money I could go to an all inclusive resort on an ocean front which offers more than a cruise with way less restrictions.

Yeah after a few days I was like...I'd rather pay to go to one spot. I had fun on the boat and I drank to the point where the last day I didn't even want to look at it.

Munson

• Inept Security Guard
  • The Rubber Man
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2020, 01:38:58 PM »

PhillyPhreak54

• Inept Security Guard
  • Five Fo Will Kill You
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2020, 01:54:38 PM »

gonna go home and watch Outbreak tonight

Munson

• Inept Security Guard
  • The Rubber Man

PhillyPhreak54

• Inept Security Guard
  • Five Fo Will Kill You

Diomedes

• Resident Iconoclast
  • Inept Security Guard
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2020, 12:43:07 PM »

officially pandemic

Munson

• Inept Security Guard
  • The Rubber Man
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2020, 01:05:39 PM »

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1237779140620759043

100 million infections with a 1% death rate would be 1 million deaths. This is not ďjust the fluĒ.

Diomedes

• Resident Iconoclast
  • Inept Security Guard
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2020, 02:44:43 PM »

global death rates more like 3.65% by my count.

that rate should be inflated as presumably a lot of people had COVID-19, got better, and were not captured in the "infected" figures...but there's also a huge difference between 3.65% and 1%

PhillyPhreak54

• Inept Security Guard
  • Five Fo Will Kill You
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2020, 02:47:23 PM »

Listen to the MAGAts tho..."its just the flu durrr"

Houston just canceled the Rodeo here which is huge news. People are freaking out bc they're pissed they won't get to see the concerts. Multi million dollar loss in revenue for the city. Couple that with the oil market shteinting all over itself and people are in full blown panic here.

The turning point for canceling the Rodeo was the event that precedes it, the BBQ cookoff, had a guy from the county above us attend and he's got the virus. They do not know how he contracted it - meaning he was not in contact with someone who traveled etc - so they think the community spread is now in full force.

Munson

• Inept Security Guard
  • The Rubber Man
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2020, 02:52:01 PM »

Yeah i was trying to be generous in the best case scenario direction. It can be waaaay worse if itís more towards that end of things.

Also just heard on KYW1060 that apparently scientists released a study today showing it survives up to 2-3 hours in the air and 2-3 days on plastic and metal surfaces. This shtein is very much not the flu. However, I canít find any evidence of this study on the internet right now so canít look at it

Diomedes

• Resident Iconoclast
  • Inept Security Guard
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2020, 02:56:01 PM »

Listen to the MAGAts tho..."its just the flu durrr"

If three million Americans die and two thirds of them are red hatters, I'm voting COVID-19 for President
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 96   Go Up