Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on March 16, 2022, 06:37:37 PM
Quote from: Rome on March 16, 2022, 06:35:31 PM
Now we know why they didn't sign Kris Bryant. 

Mama Mia.  $182M/7-yrs to the Rockies.  Good for him.

well #1 bryant didnt want to play in philly...hes a west coaster...and #2 he wanted that bag and boy howdy he got it. he aint gonna win anything but shtein i wouldnt care either with that paycheck

guess where else he wasn't winning anything?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

bryce knew too

aint nothin wrong with cashing them checks
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

evidently they are still in on castellanos

it would blow them past the luxury tax and man their defense would stink, but a schwarber-jt-harper-castellanos-hoskins 1-5 would mash mash mash. 3 cement foot oafs in there so tons of station to station but thats like 175 homers
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Only way to win since they have one good pitcher

MDS

they still wouldnt be good enough lol

but it would move them closer. at least having that lineup would make games entertaining because even if theyre down 7-0, a 3 run homer would always be around the corner.

SD

All in on Castellanos. I want to be entertained and that lineup at CBP would be a home run derby.

Geowhizzer

MDS

Quote from: TAFKASD on March 17, 2022, 04:35:28 PM
All in on Castellanos. I want to be entertained and that lineup at CBP would be a home run derby.

this is pretty much what it boils down to

theres really no scenario of things they can do to get over the braves (or nats/mets) but having a lineup full of mashers would at least be a fun way to spend a summer night. theyd pull some crazy comebacks and hit dingers, win 86 games and fall short in september

MDS

oh man this castellanos thing is gonna happen

everyone needs to promise they will not get mad when their defensive outfield is the worst in baseball history....know what you're signing up for here. MASH

PhillyPhreak54

Don't need defense in CBP - park your ass on the warning track and wait.

QB Eagles

Phillies really embracing the universal DH.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on March 18, 2022, 10:55:27 AM
oh man this castellanos thing is gonna happen

everyone needs to promise they will not get mad when their defensive outfield is the worst in baseball history....know what you're signing up for here. MASH

pretty sure everyone knows they are at best a distant third in the division and probably fourth...does it really matter what players make up the roster or how bad of a fielder someone is?

ice grillin you

Phillies have a ballpark pass that gives you every home game for 50 bucks a month....pretty sick deal

SD

They were entertaining last season.  They were in a playoff race late and Harper mvp/Wheeler possible cy young were good storylines. I have zero expectations for them but if they get Castellanos they've upgraded enough to keep it interesting. Beyond that their pitching overall is subpar and Nola September meltdown can't be avoided. Knock them out if the park and keep me entertained and I'm happy.