Super Bowl LII - Patriots: The Eagles Won The God Damn Super Bowl

Started by MDS, January 22, 2018, 12:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cthulhu

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 01, 2018, 10:52:40 AM
Quote from: Cthulhu on March 01, 2018, 10:40:29 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 27, 2018, 09:09:07 PM
Funny thing is, Kaepernick was doing basically a personal protest against police brutality.  He wasn't really making a public spectacle of it.  The media got a hold of it and blew it up, then social media blew it wide open.

Then, people like Trump who value a patriotic dog and pony show over people decided to have a hissy fit about it and attempted to brow beat NFL players from attempting to make their statement.  Which in turn further amplified their statement.

Basically, farg Trump.  I enjoyed this NFL season from the time Philly took over the draft until Doug Pederson made Belichick his bitch.  And I hope that the Eagles tell him to get farged and take some kids to the African-American museum like the Warriors.

Funny, I'd say the whole thing with him was a public spectacle...

facts matter

he was kneeling for several games and not a single person in the public at large even knew...he didnt talk about it at all and since he was first (accidentily) discovered kneeling i believe he might have given two interviews on it and in general has largely been invisible...hes actually been criticized by many on his side of the issue for not speaking out more...instead all hes done is give his time and a ton of his money to the causes he believes in...hes been the exact opposite of a spectacle
from what i understand he knelt for one, one, game before the media picked up on it. which is what he was waiting for... from his college coachs to harbaugh, he was an attn whore.

Cthulhu

ok, my bad. i just read it was two games... big difference there.

edit; the point that i even repied to this, after being on here for over a decade with hardly any posts, is i can't believe his name is even being mentioned. wtf...

ice grillin you

actually he sat for the first games...he started kneeling after he met with that long snapper army ranger dood from the seahawks who suggested kneeling would be a better and more respectful way to go about it

either way he has been the opposite of a spectacle
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Cthulhu

respect your take, IGY. now let's focus on the team,the offseason, ect..

shorebird

Quote from: hbionic on February 26, 2018, 12:49:17 PM
Just watched some superbowl clips just now.

Still can't believe how magical this season was. Stuff like that never happens for Eagles fans. And it did! Don't know how I'm not going to watch this superbowl at least once a week for the rest of my life.

Let's hope it's not the only one you'll be watching the rest of your life. Wentz has already said, after watching Foles, that it'll be him next year.

Don Ho

farging eh, watched the mic'd up version again last night while driving.  I still shtein my pants when Brady gets the ball back down by 8.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

hbionic

LOL, me too. Guys' a terminator from some futuristic football dimension. At least it feels that way.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Geowhizzer

hbionic

Thanks for that.

I wonder what was the final tally of Eagles fans vs. Pats fans in the stadium that day.

ice grillin you

hbionic

Awesome.

It looked and sounded like a home game every time they scored.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 07, 2018, 01:59:12 PM
i know two people who went
one said 70-30
one said 80-20

One of the videos showed two Eagles talking pre-game (forget who) and they were doing the Eagles fans to Pats fans ratio. Think they said 70-30

QB Eagles

It was Doug and I think Reich, saying it looked like 65-70% Birds fans.

Eagaholic

When I was at SB 39 we thought it was about 3:1 Philly to NE fans. A bit more outside the stadium, a bit fewer Eagles fans inside.

ice grillin you