2017/2018 Phillies Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 09, 2017, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

True/False you'll be stroking one out to the Gabe Kapler baseball way?

MDS

i dont even know what that is

i like everything ive seen from him so far...how could you not...but logic tells you its going to wear thin at some point
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

i've been able to stream sixers and flyers through csnphilly / nbcsports app on my TV for years for free, which is dope. saw something where I can stream the phillies tomorrow too....is this something new? anyone know if all phillies games will be on nbc philly? in years past they were not.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

huh was thinking i would watch more phils game but if they were on all last year too i guess not.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on February 23, 2018, 04:06:11 PM
huh was thinking i would watch more phils game but if they were on all last year too i guess not.

lol
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

today kapler had a massive shift in the outfield where joseph (playing LF) was almost where the CF would be

against a RIGHT HANDED batter!!

guess what happened....ball ripped into left field for a double

ice grillin you

here it is...again this is against a righty

Rome

But his scatter dispersion charts are infallible!

MDS

i think they decided they were going to do it before the game against that guy because he was some scrub A ball kid...whatever its spring training

Rome

He intends to pull this shtein in games that count. 

This is Chip Kelly Part Deux. 

MDS

its not kaplar its the entire organization

and if the data is telling you player x is very unlikely to hit the ball to RF why not put your worst defender (hoskins)....in RF?

ice grillin you

you wanna not have a left fielder for a 100% pull hitting left handed batter then fine...thats no different than an infield shift

but you dont ever ever ever not have a left fielder for a right handed batter or vice versa....a farging chimpanzee knows this

Rome

But the data, IGY. 

THE fargING DATA!

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 28, 2018, 09:04:22 AM
you wanna not have a left fielder for a 100% pull hitting left handed batter then fine...thats no different than an infield shift

but you dont ever ever ever not have a left fielder for a right handed batter or vice versa....a farging chimpanzee knows this

right, sure. thanks for your astute observation.

i think they, again, did that for that batter specifically as a test run since it was the weakest batter in the lineup. it was an exhibition game.