ConcreteBoard

Advanced search

News:

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 246   Go Down

Author Topic: The Process  (Read 57578 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

phattymatty

  • Inept Security Guard
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15652
Re: The Process
« Reply #3600 on: August 24, 2020, 05:20:54 PM »

I can't picture ty Lue in philly.  the stepover is basically the best thing to happen to this franchise in 20 years.  people literally wear the t-shirt of him getting shtein on.
Logged

PhillyPhreak54

  • 2005 NFL 1st Round Mock Draft Champ
  • Inept Security Guard
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 73264
  • Five Fo Will Kill You
Re: The Process
« Reply #3601 on: August 24, 2020, 05:28:24 PM »

Josh Harris probably doesn't know Lue played for LA and that AI dragged his nutsack on his head.
Logged

MDS

  • Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 54946
  • this guy
Re: The Process
« Reply #3602 on: August 24, 2020, 06:22:09 PM »

Quote
Lue's style was described as undisciplined and unprepared in the regular season, but in the playoffs, he has been praised for his ability to "think several moves ahead and create matchup advantage

this is his wiki page which im sure his agent can edit

just throw the key to the vault to jay and be done with it
Logged
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

  • Dunning–Kruger in effect.
  • Inept Security Guard
  • *****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 102098
Logged
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

  • Sobery McDrinknobeer
  • Inept Security Guard
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 54123
  • The great allusionist
    • ConcreteField
Re: The Process
« Reply #3604 on: August 26, 2020, 05:34:25 PM »

A lot of things have me feeling old lately, but realizing it's time to talk about new sports arenas and stadiums is surprisingly tough to handle.
Logged

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

  • 2005 NFL 1st Round Mock Draft Champ
  • Inept Security Guard
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 73264
  • Five Fo Will Kill You
Logged

MDS

  • Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 54946
  • this guy
Re: The Process
« Reply #3606 on: August 26, 2020, 08:54:33 PM »

they want to move to nj the question is it camden or harris' arena in newark

im not sure if the league will let them move there. knicks and nets do not want another team in the market and the league doesnt want the 4th biggest market losing its team so this can become the 3rd team in another market. but obviously that is want harris wants.

the practice facility deal was struck with christie. nj will have a D gov going forward. im not sure if there is going to be an appetite anywhere to get a publicly funded arena. but if these hedge fund ghouls want to take the sixers to newark they can, just leave the history and colors and name here and give the city an expansion team. then we can be done with josh harris forever and thank god.
Logged
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

AO1

  • Don Quixote
  • Inept Security Guard
  • *****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 19457
Re: The Process
« Reply #3607 on: August 26, 2020, 09:25:23 PM »

Wrong thread
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 09:57:54 PM by AO1 »
Logged
farging women.  They get you to do the dumbest shtein.

PhillyPhreak54

  • 2005 NFL 1st Round Mock Draft Champ
  • Inept Security Guard
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 73264
  • Five Fo Will Kill You
Re: The Process
« Reply #3608 on: August 26, 2020, 10:46:06 PM »

Harris is a jerkoff

And I hope the days of sports stadiums getting built on taxpayer dime are over
Logged

QB Eagles

  • Inept Security Guard
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18626
  • TOUCHDOWN!
Re: The Process
« Reply #3609 on: August 26, 2020, 11:12:24 PM »

I'm thinking 80% chance of staying in Philly, 20% chance of going to Camden, 0% chance of going to Newark.

Also thinking it's about 80% the public pays for a big % of any new arena. Not because Harris himself has the pull, but because a lot of beaks can get wet off a megaproject like that.
Logged

MDS

  • Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 54946
  • this guy
Re: The Process
« Reply #3610 on: August 26, 2020, 11:34:07 PM »

im not certain but believe there would have to be some kind of city council approval to do this

there is not a much more corrupt entity than philadelphia city council but i just dont see them approving public funds for an unnecessary arena for the basketball team everyones pissed at 

camden makes more sense since theyd be stealing the team away and might be desperate to do so. comcast runs the city, owns the WFC and that is going to be the city's preferred outcome - keeping the sixers paying rent there
Logged
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

  • Dunning–Kruger in effect.
  • Inept Security Guard
  • *****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 102098
Re: The Process
« Reply #3611 on: August 27, 2020, 06:28:20 PM »

they are talking about them possibly not moving until the 2030's so i dont think the temperature of the teams fans or city council right now means a whole lot

having separate arena's for a cities hockey and basketball teams is a bad look in any year tho
Logged
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

  • Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 54946
  • this guy
Re: The Process
« Reply #3612 on: August 27, 2020, 08:47:32 PM »

trying to think of cities that do it

miami...minneapolis...bay area (doesnt count really). i think thats it.

the temperature matters now because if they want to do it in 2030 the planning and such needs to happen over the course of the next few years. the reaction has been 1000% go farg yourself josh harris, as it should, so im not sure if local or state pols are gonna be eager to give them $$
Logged
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

  • Dunning–Kruger in effect.
  • Inept Security Guard
  • *****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 102098
Re: The Process
« Reply #3613 on: August 27, 2020, 08:53:16 PM »

years are an eternity when it comes to this stuff shtein six months is
Logged
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

  • Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 54946
  • this guy
Re: The Process
« Reply #3614 on: August 27, 2020, 08:56:54 PM »

i dont think 1) the sixers are getting better anytime soon and 2) people are going to warm to the idea of giving handouts to billionaires, especially detestable ones likes josh harris
Logged
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 246   Go Up