This Is Gonna Suck: 2016 Phillies Season Thread

Started by MDS, April 04, 2016, 04:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

lol @ goat harper not catching that....goat bourjos hauls that shtein in

phils are 2 games over in late april with 2 ML players in their lineup. hot damn.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

PhillyPhreak54

Sweeeeeeep!!

Great effort by Brycie at the dish and in right

Oh - and quit being a contrarian Frenchman lil guy - wanna argue that Cesar is a dumbfarg on the bases?

MDS

im not going to argue about someone that should be in AAA

broom city bitch
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

if i cant mock you for being a homer than why am i alive

rjs246

To devour the business end of Havas' nutsack?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

How can the worst team ever beat the best team ever?

DOES.  NOT.  COMPUTE.

MDS

smeags

Quote from: rjs246 on April 28, 2016, 08:01:28 PM
To devour the business end of Havas' nutsack?
^^^^^
Haaaa

also, first thing that came to mind on that harper play in RF was bobby abreu.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 28, 2016, 05:31:45 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2016, 01:11:11 PM
Quote from: Rome on April 28, 2016, 12:27:15 PM
The Sixers will have basically their entire payroll to spend on free agents plus a bazillion high picks and Saric plus the core they have now.  They only have 11 roster slots to fill unlike the Phillies who have 25.  Saying the Phillies will make the playoffs, which is likely at least four years away, defies any sort of logic.

Phillies have the best payroll in the majors moving forward so no advantage sixers there especially with everyone in the nba having money and no one wanting to go near the sixers...sixers also dont have a bazillion high picks...

while its possible the phillies might not make the playoffs for four years saying "at least" four years is a stretch...I would rather say they easily could make it in 2018 but probably wont until 2019 assuming a fair amount of things go right...the HUGE advantage the Phillies have over the sixers is that they can get free agents with relative ease that can turn a team pretty quickly...if it wasn't for that I would put it at about 50-50 btwn the two teams...right now id say its 65-35 phils

one advantage the sixers have is that 8 teams make it and the east doesn't have many if any really good ascending teams while the Phillies are going to have to be very good to finish even second in their own division in the next four or five years

The Sixers start five guys and rotate in a max of three or four, right?  If they hit the #1 this year, that means they're likely to have another cornerstone plus Saric.  Noel is a legit NBA player and they could undoubtedly trade Okafor for a starting point guard.  So that's four starters, right?  Now add in free agents and don't farging tell me no one wants to come to Philly because that's bullshtein.  They'll go wherever the biggest contract is. 

The Phillies have a minimum of six field positions to fill plus three starters, set up men, a closer and four or five solid bench contributors.  Are you seriously thinking they're going to be able to fill those with the guys they have in the minors in the next four years?  And I know they have a ton of money available, but they've already said they're not filling the roster with other teams' castoffs (and a lot of them are in baseball). 

saric so far is juat another guy....Phillies have at least five sarics either on the team or in the pipeline...okafor stinks and has little trade value...and again with FA's the sixers cant offer any more than any other team...everyone will be able to offer the max to anyone they want over the next few years...and with all things being even the sixers are probably a bottom three destination in the league right now...free agency is off the table for them as far as getting any even very good much less great players

the number of positions to fill is not relevant because the talent pools are so vastly different...theres a reason baseball has 500 rounds in their draft and the nba essentially has one

the x factor in all of this and what could push the sixers ahead of the Phillies is jo jo....if he comes back healthy then all bets are off....but until that happens imo the Phillies have the advantage cause of the FA factor
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Both teams suck but at least both are on the road to respectability and both seem to have well thought out plans now.   I'm good with that.   Just need some luck now. 

Don Ho

Holy shtein!  Marlon Byrd is on the Indians.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous