This Is Gonna Suck: 2016 Phillies Season Thread

Started by MDS, April 04, 2016, 04:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

the bulk of whats owed is 17 are buyouts for choke and chooch and harrison's contract (which is insured)

so the real number is a lot lower than 25, which is insanely low as it is. over the next 2 years they really should just go nuts throwing money at any cuban that can float on a raft
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

jason groome with 10k, 1 hit, 1bb on 55 pitches today
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Thome was with the Phils for less than a Presidential term yet he gets put on their wall of fame. What a joke.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, I don't get that. He was good for a couple years, but I still think of him as an Indian whenever I hear his name.  Nothing against him, but he's far from an all-time great Phillie.

Don Ho

Really?  Thome on the Wall of Fame?  No, no, no.  Liked the guy a lot but no way.  So Pineapple Head is a shoo in.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I can see why he was chosen. Short tenure but his signing is pretty much what flipped the script into the new era.

Don Ho

Wow, Gio Gonzalez was part of the Thome deal?  I don't remember that.  I do remember bums got Rowand.

QuoteA source told ESPN Insider's Jerry Crasnick that the Phillies will also receive two minor-league left-handed pitchers, Daniel Haigwood and Gio Gonzalez, a supplemental first-round pick (38th overall) for the White Sox in the 2004 draft.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Indeed he was. Wish they would've held onto him.

Interested to see how Nola throws tomorrow.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on April 05, 2016, 06:44:19 PM
Thome was with the Phils for less than a Presidential term yet he gets put on their wall of fame. What a joke.

normally id care but the wall has been an embarrassment for quite a while...he might be the worst of it tho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 06, 2016, 01:38:21 AM
his signing is pretty much what flipped the script into the new era.

people have been saying this forever and even if it was true he shouldn't get on the wall but the fact is its not true....what turned the Phillies around was getting the new ballpark..thome just happened to be the guy they signed under their new payroll....it could have been anyone but it would have been no one without the bank...thome happened to be right place right time and because of that people mistakenly act like he turned the franchise around

SD

Quote from: Don Ho on April 06, 2016, 02:39:25 AM
Wow, Gio Gonzalez was part of the Thome deal?  I don't remember that.  I do remember bums got Rowand.

QuoteA source told ESPN Insider's Jerry Crasnick that the Phillies will also receive two minor-league left-handed pitchers, Daniel Haigwood and Gio Gonzalez, a supplemental first-round pick (38th overall) for the White Sox in the 2004 draft.

At least they got Freddie Garcia in return

MDS

gio is an infuriating player....walk machine. not a bad pitcher at all but the kind of the guy that drives you crazy with walks and high pitch count.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

lol...first four lehigh valley games of the season postponed due to poor field conditions in syracuse

smeags

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 06, 2016, 01:38:21 AM
I can see why he was chosen. Short tenure but his signing is pretty much what flipped the script into the new era.

no, good scouting, drafting and player development did.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Don Ho

Quote from: SD on April 06, 2016, 07:15:46 AM
Quote from: Don Ho on April 06, 2016, 02:39:25 AM

At least they got Freddie Garcia in return

His greatest moment as a bum was the time he got hit by the golf cart during warmups one game.

SD