Around the NFL - 2016

Started by Sgt PSN, February 18, 2016, 12:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I know some here love to hate on the Eagles FO, but come on.  There are several oranizations in the NFL who are much worse than the Eagles.  This is Donald Trump style business.  iceholes.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on March 13, 2016, 03:20:11 PM
I know some here love to hate on the Eagles FO, but come on. 

not me....i love lurie 
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Let's think about this logically instead of just accepting the low-information news reports out of Gawker and PFT as proof that Kroencke is a scumbag (which he is, but for other reasons).

New players are getting this contract language that says that Missouri law applies. Does this mean that everyone on the team already with an existing contract is subject to Missouri laws, taxes, etc. until their contracts run out, because the contract says so?

Of course not. In fact, especially with regard to workman's comp, if you're primarily located in and working out of one state, that state's laws are going to be what applies. So the contract could say the laws of Zimbabwe apply, and it wouldn't matter. It's dead letter. In fact, over the years, large numbers of NFL players who never even played for California teams have successfully filed for workman's comp benefits under California law, because CA's laws are so generous and can be interpreted to apply very liberally. So merely stating that the rules of Missouri apply does nothing to benefit the Rams at all, and would be near meaningless in court.

Looks to me what happened here is someone forgot to update the paperwork. But yeah, down with The Man.

ice grillin you

kroenke would pimp out his own mother if it meant a few extra bucks

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 13, 2016, 03:23:04 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on March 13, 2016, 03:20:11 PM
I know some here love to hate on the Eagles FO, but come on. 

not me....i love lurie 

All in all, I do too even though I don't think he's fully committed to winning a championship.  I think he is, was, and always will be more committed to making money over winning even a single championship....like I think that if you told him that the Eagles would win a chip, but they would break even on the books for that season, I'm not sure he'd take that. I don't necessarily fault him for it because he's in the business to make money, but it doesn't endear him to me either. He's been a very good owner and the team has been very consistent in terms of playoff appearances, which is good. I just don't think he'll ever go that extra mile for the team/city.

ice grillin you

i totally disagree but that aside I don't know how you can think that and still say you like him

if i ever thought an owner of my team wasn't fully committed to winning i would despise that person

Sgt PSN

I think that most owners value profit over chips. Occasionally you get a guy who buys his hometown team like Kraft and it becomes obvious how much he actually values a chip. But he's a rare exception to the rule. I think that had Lurie been able to buy the Pats, he'd also be more committed and have more passion about it. But the reality is that most people don't buy a franchise because they want to win. They buy it because they want to make money.

He's a really good owner. Better than most. Doesn't hurt that he's a pretty good liberal, too.  Most of those guys don't care anywhere near as much about winning as the fans do, and certainly not nearly as much as they care about annual profits. 

ice grillin you

i don't think wanting to make money more than winning is a bad thing simply because winning makes you more money

its when you have an owner that only cares about money or puts money way ahead of winning that it becomes a problem

i dont think lurie wants to win more than anyone else but i also i don't think theres an owner in the nfl that wants to win more than lurie

Sgt PSN

Kraft most definitely.
Danny Boy might even want it more, he just sucks something awful when it comes to making it happen.
Maybe the Hunt family

I'd put Lurie in a tier below them.  I'd also say he wants to win even more than Jerrah.  He certainly doesn't like losing,  which is good, but winning isn't priority numero uno.

ice grillin you

does kraft want to win more or did he luck into tom brady?

kraft seemingly wants to win more than lurie just because he has won more...in reality he doesn't do anything lurie doesn't do....he may even be more conservative

winning isn't priority number one to any of them....they are business men first...and again theres nothing wrong with that

QB Eagles

It's a little silly to think that the average NFL owner is just some wealthy WASP who treats his team like an English country manor, not really caring what the team is doing as long as the checks keep rolling in.

There are exceptions, but for the most part the owners are cutthroat businessmen who are ultra-competitive, ultra-huge fans of football, and are obsessed with something associated with their name being seen as successful and not an embarrassing failure. Sure, they will never care as much as some mentally disturbed fans who get the team logo tattooed on their faces, but I bet they care a shteinload more than the average fan does.

SD

The Redzone channel has been replaying week one all day

SD

Patriots just traded Chandler Jones to the Cards for Jonathon Cooper and a 2nd round pick

SD

Broncos matched Phins offer sheet to CJ Anderson.