2015 Sixers Season Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, October 06, 2015, 07:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

QuoteOne of the allegations made in the article was that Sixers majority owner Joshua Harris did not want Joel Embiid to travel to the Las Vegas Summer League.

"There are several portions of it that are wildly inaccurate, that being one of them" Brown said, referring specifically to Embiid traveling to summer league. "I have no idea what that means or why it was said.

The part that seemed to upset Brown the most was the timing of the article. Joel Embiid's brother, Arthur, passed away after being involved in a motor vehicle accident last fall. The event was not mentioned in the Sports Illustrated article that detailed his alleged insubordination.

Today was the one year anniversary of his brother's passing.

"The thing that upsets me probably more than anything is you look at Joel Embiid and he lost his brother on this day last year, and the article comes out today," Brown said. "It's just wildly unfair with some of the accusations as it relates to now."

"This story is old. It's been documented," Brown said. "So to all of a sudden wake up and have these things be revisited, I think in some ways is unfortunate and sad, particularly because of the timing."

Sixers head coach Brett Brown, who noted that Embiid is in good physical shape at this stage of his recovery process, is proud of the progress Embiid is making.

"I'm proud of where Joel Embiid is at. He's had a rough few years," Brown said. "He will get there. We're moving him forward, and more importantly he's moving himself forward."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

lil guy and Eskin are all over this

MDS

all over what

did this farce of an organization do something else stupid?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

SD

This is great

http://6abc.com/1047902/

QuoteRepublican presidential candidate John Kasich threw some shade at the Philadelphia 76ers this morning, and the team didn't skip a beat firing back on Twitter minutes later.

Speaking today a small town hall in Manchester, New Hampshire, Kasich said he ran into the basketball team at his hotel this morning.

"How did I know who they were?" he said. "They were really tall, okay."

He told the business-focused crowd about the importance of job skills, then jokingly added that the 76ers haven't had too many skills of their own lately.

"The reason why some of them make a lot of money is because they have skills," he said. "Not too many Sixers have had that many skills lately, but they do."

After ABC News tweeted about it, the 76ers shot back on Twitter: "At least we win more than 2% of the time."

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

aldemir cut.

hopefully this means wood makes the team. i like this dude a lot.

SunMo

wood made it, so did mcconnell

tokoto, pierre jackson, mcrae and wilbekin all cut.

i didn't see that aldemir got cut
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phattymatty

pretty much exactly who i would have cut. mcrae was hot garbage. mcdonnell is not good either but he's only there until wroten/marshall get healthy.

ice grillin you

phattymatty

most of that is javale i assume.

they go from 56M this year to 15M next year.