Around The NFL - 2015

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 03, 2015, 09:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on February 05, 2016, 07:16:43 PM
Quote from: Eagaholic on January 28, 2016, 07:44:49 PM
:IGY batsignal:

QuoteIn The '85 Bears, the new 30 for 30 documentary about the team that won Super Bowl XX, one man above all others emerges as the heart and soul of that great team. And it's not Walter Payton, Mike Ditka, Jim McMahon or Refrigerator Perry.

The real star of The '85 Bears, which premieres on ESPN on February 4, is Buddy Ryan, the team's defensive coordinator and mastermind of the 46 defense. The film opens with recent footage of the 81-year-old Ryan undergoing physical therapy and looking frail and weak, but those scenes are contrasted with footage of the energetic Ryan on the practice field, and with interviews from his former players, who can't stop gushing about how much they loved to play for him.

Had to get up early for Wing bowl this morning. Wound up getting up around 3, this was on. Couple things I never realized...or maybe I did but it didn't impact me the way it did till I watched this. Most of the Bears despised Ditka. For the most part they still do listening to their interviews. Buddy Ryan was pretty much the head coach. If you watch their superbowl Buddy is the first to go up on the players shoulders, Mcmichael talked to Fridge and said "we have to put Ditka up on our shoulders cause he's our guy".

And this letter, the players were tearing up reading it:
QuoteTo my guys,

In 1981, many of you signed a letter to George Halas that saved my job. Now I'm writing a letter to all of you to say thanks. I wish I could be there to say it in person, but this will have to do.

Thank you to the Super Bowl champion 1985 Chicago Bears, the greatest team in NFL history. You gave me the best memories of my coaching life.

I'll love every one of you until the day I die. I told you this a long time ago, and it's still true.

You guys will always be my heroes.

Coach Buddy Ryan, 46

Legend

"But Buddy never won a playoff game"

Nope, but he won a Superbowl

correct

probably the greatest football figure ever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Beastmode going to retire according to Shefter.

PhillyPhreak54

Looks like Marshawn announced his retirement in Twitter

A pic of a pair of green cleats hanging from electrical wires and a peace out emoji

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 06, 2016, 02:05:39 PM
Quote from: SD on February 05, 2016, 07:16:43 PM
Quote from: Eagaholic on January 28, 2016, 07:44:49 PM
:IGY batsignal:

QuoteIn The '85 Bears, the new 30 for 30 documentary about the team that won Super Bowl XX, one man above all others emerges as the heart and soul of that great team. And it's not Walter Payton, Mike Ditka, Jim McMahon or Refrigerator Perry.

The real star of The '85 Bears, which premieres on ESPN on February 4, is Buddy Ryan, the team's defensive coordinator and mastermind of the 46 defense. The film opens with recent footage of the 81-year-old Ryan undergoing physical therapy and looking frail and weak, but those scenes are contrasted with footage of the energetic Ryan on the practice field, and with interviews from his former players, who can't stop gushing about how much they loved to play for him.

Had to get up early for Wing bowl this morning. Wound up getting up around 3, this was on. Couple things I never realized...or maybe I did but it didn't impact me the way it did till I watched this. Most of the Bears despised Ditka. For the most part they still do listening to their interviews. Buddy Ryan was pretty much the head coach. If you watch their superbowl Buddy is the first to go up on the players shoulders, Mcmichael talked to Fridge and said "we have to put Ditka up on our shoulders cause he's our guy".

And this letter, the players were tearing up reading it:
QuoteTo my guys,

In 1981, many of you signed a letter to George Halas that saved my job. Now I'm writing a letter to all of you to say thanks. I wish I could be there to say it in person, but this will have to do.

Thank you to the Super Bowl champion 1985 Chicago Bears, the greatest team in NFL history. You gave me the best memories of my coaching life.

I'll love every one of you until the day I die. I told you this a long time ago, and it's still true.

You guys will always be my heroes.

Coach Buddy Ryan, 46

Legend

"But Buddy never won a playoff game"

Nope, but he won a Superbowl

correct

probably the greatest football figure ever

watched this yesterday....validly welled up a couple times

QB Eagles

I see there's another developmental football league supposedly starting up this spring: Major League Football. Somehow it seems even less viable than the multitude of other dead football leagues. It is supposed to start in April and they don't even have the cities for the franchises nailed down yet. Also they just had a major investor pull $20 million away from them. And Dave Campo is involved. A lot of red flags.

MDS

some early tv notes

-broncos/panthers all but a lock for the opener. broncos/pats the other possibility.
-vikings/lions and washingtons/cowboys looking like the afternoon thanksgiving jawns.
-expect fewer division matchups on thursday, but still a very strong slate of games
-even though they won 4 games last year, the networks were crawling over each other to get dallas games. jerrah power.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Sgt PSN

I saw that today. Am I alone in having just assumed for years that they already had one?

QB Eagles

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 17, 2016, 10:54:25 PM
Just one question:  What the hell took them so long?

They were probably waiting until everyone forgot he's a woman beater. Everyone finally forgot, so now the statue can go up.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 18, 2016, 12:36:36 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 17, 2016, 10:54:25 PM
Just one question:  What the hell took them so long?

They were probably waiting until everyone forgot he's a woman beater. Everyone finally forgot, so now the statue can go up.

or that he was a strong pro black african american who terrified white people

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it