2014 Philadelphia Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by SD, June 13, 2014, 07:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

I have no idea who Travis Sanheim is but I'd much rather talk about this kid than watch KK pitch.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Maybe I'm late to the party but since when does Clarke have only 4 fingers on his left hand?

Don Ho

Quote from: SD on June 27, 2014, 09:03:25 PM
Maybe I'm late to the party but since when does Clarke have only 4 fingers on his left hand?

Yakuza
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

QuotePhiladelphia Flyers

Grade: B+

Travis Sanheim is touted as a two-way defenseman, but only 29 points in 67 games for the Calgary Hitmen of the Western Hockey League in his draft year raises a few concerns when it comes to the offensive side of his game. But, on the other hand, he wasn't really used in power play situations, which no doubt put a dent in his point totals.

Sanheim had 20 even strength points last year, same as Ekblad, tied for 6th among all D. His 1.2 ES points/60 were same as Ekblad's too

That, on the other hand, is encouraging. It's a bit of an off the-board-pick, but that's not always a bad thing.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

this is what they say about the flyers second round pick...

He finished with respectable offensive numbers in the regular season, but where he shines is in his defensive awareness and play along the boards.

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 27, 2014, 06:56:09 PM
Lots of rumors, none of which ever seem to happen.

I do have a feeling that Hextall is going to pull off something big tonight.  Nothing to base it on, just a feeling.

This is why I don't gamble.

ice grillin you

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

Philadelphia Flyers star Claude Giroux spent the night in an Ottawa Police cell after an incident involving a police officer, sources tell the Sun.

Although few details were immediately available, a source said Giroux was arrested for repeatedly grabbing the buttocks of a male police officer. Alcohol is believed to have been involved.

A witness and sources say the incident occurred outside The Great Canadian Cabin in the Byward Market club district.

Ottawa Police have refused any comment on the incident. Police said they cannot comment unless charges are laid, but several sources did confirm to the Sun Giroux spent the night in jail.

Sources say he is expected to be released Wednesday without any criminal charges.

The 26-year-old Giroux was reportedly seen inside a police cruiser in Ottawa sometime around 9 p.m. on July 1. A Twitter post by shaheed09 reads "Claude Giroux in the back of a cop car downtown ottawa". it was posted to Twitter Tuesday at 9:19 p.m.

Giroux is a native of Hearst in Northern Ontario, but has lived in the Ottawa area for the past several years.

He starred with the Gatineau Olympique of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League before joining the Philadelphia Flyers organization in 2006. He was signed by the Flyers in 2007 and most recently, got an eight-year contract from the team in 2013.

During the 2013-14 season, Giroux scored 28 goals, 58 assists for 86 points. He was third in the NHL points race.

He is a two-time NHL all-star.

Geowhizzer

rjs246

Drunk enough to out himself to a cop, apparently.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05