2014 Phillies Thread - There's Always Next Year

Started by Rome, March 28, 2014, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

nothing right now, no

if they sign tomas and trade hamels, that woud change. but i dont forsee those things happening.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteBut the Phillies amateur drafts have had more misses than hits in recent years, especially among position player talent. The Phillies find themselves in last place in 2014 in part because they haven't had a second wave of in-house talent to complement Hamels, Howard and company.

In the 12 drafts since Hamels was selected with the 17th overall pick in 2002, the Phillies have drafted the following players with their top picks: Greg Golson, Mike Costanzo, Adrian Cardenas, Kyle Drabek, Joe Savery, Anthony Hewitt, Kelly Dugan, Jesse Biddle, Larry Greene, Shane Watson, J.P. Crawford and Aaron Nola. Those players played in a combined 5 major league games this season.

MDS

the phillies downfall is more about player development than drafting

drafting in baseball is a total crapshoot...nobody really knows who is what. a lot of it is pure luck.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

John S. Middleton's Hollywood producer son decided to speak out on Twitter:

QuoteTo whom it may concern, I have not read these articles - not because I'm not interested in fan opinion but rather because false conjecture bothers me - but I have heard from friends in Philly there is wild speculation today over the Phillies. Remember 99% of what you read is totally inaccurate. And one more point brought to my attention. A general partner control baseball operating decisions. Limited partners vote on a variety of things, which may or may not be specifically on the field related. Limited partners are owners, the people involved in said limited partnership are equity shareholders and directors technically. The structure is far more complexed than it appears is being discussed and understood in articles and/or online. Also, I am a film and tv producer - seemingly confusion there also. But there's this fantastic invention called Google, as well as other sites like IMDbPro (regular often inaccurate). I live in Malibu because I work in LA.

One thing I can tell you, the Phillies are doing their best in a bad situation. The team just gave you arguably one of the three best runs in NL history, the others being, in my opinion, the 60s Cardinals and 90s Braves. Philly prides itself on being tough, but also LOYAL to its core. Changes and new additions, rough stretches, these are a fact of sport. Death, taxes, and your sports team will not win the championship every year. So please continue to support a team trying to right its ship, certainly spending the money necessary to do so, and look forward to the upswing and many more years of great baseball, consecutive pennants and division titles, and world championships to come. I'm proud to be a Philadelphian, but I'm not proud that a fan base built on LOYALTY is abandoning ship because of a series of bad years. We are better than that. #GoPhils

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

no idea his son was on twitter but he sounds like an entitled rich douche, which is exactly what he is

his great grandfather (or grandfather) made billions and now hes got some faggy hollywood job and owns part of the phillies. congrats on your deserved success you trust fund funhole.

i tweeted at him!

MDS

John Middleton @johnmiddleton  ·  Sep 16
Wonderful. RT@MattGelb: A.J. Burnett allows five runs (four earned) in his 32d start, which bumped his 2015 player option to $12.75 million.

lol...ok maybe hes not so bad after all

PhillyPhreak54

Just looked at his twit pics

He's hanging out with Freddie Mitchell and Shavlik farging Randolph

Oh and wearing a Doyers hat...fraud

MDS

i dont even know where this 60s cards/90s braves thing is from....the giants have won 2 titles in 3 years. the cardinals 2 in 5 plus making the playoffs pretty much every year. the giants and dodgers in the 40s/50s were dominant.

he's losing his shtein because people dont understand the phillies complicated, shady ownership structure. wahhhhh. farg off richie.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 29, 2014, 11:41:17 PM
John Middleton @johnmiddleton  ·  Sep 16
Wonderful. RT@MattGelb: A.J. Burnett allows five runs (four earned) in his 32d start, which bumped his 2015 player option to $12.75 million.

lol...ok maybe hes not so bad after all

lol...is that real?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

yup....its middleton's richie rich of a son

he tweeted back at me whining that he has nothing to do with the team. i let him know his bio said "phillies owner" though he changed it just now.

smeags

the guy telling you to be a better phillies fan is on the left.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Geowhizzer

You'll be glad to know that the entire coaching staff will be back for 2015.

PhillyPhreak54

They were offered to return but the beat guys said 1-2 will probably leave. Bowa was on with Russo on Maddog radio today and he echoed that.

Hopefully the hitting coach and pitching coach are donezo