2013-14 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by BigEd76, September 30, 2013, 10:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

no arguments there, just saying for a catcher he has been above average offensively for a little while.  he's just probably on the tail end of that run now.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 12, 2013, 03:19:37 PM
I don't get why people are so upset over anything they do....they are going to range from sucking to being .500 for the better part of the next 5-7 years....why do people get upset over marlon byrd

1. Because The Smug One is awful.
2. Because Marlon Byrd is 36 going on 37
3. Because not only is he a juicer but he bows at the Victor Conte altar
4. Because...just befargingcause

What will be even funnier is they'll let Ruiz walk and then sign someone worse like Saltalamacchia or Pierzynski

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 12, 2013, 01:50:17 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 12, 2013, 11:11:19 AM
Wow.

When are Marlon Anderson, Robert Person and Paul Byrd coming back?

Quotericky_ledee
the phillies have NOT contacted me yet

ha!

Someone then asked if he would come outta retirement if they did call.

Slick Rick's response?

"probably not...I would want to WIN GAMES"

burnt to a crisp by Rickey Ledee... :'(

BigEd76

Eskin reporting the Phils are working on a trade for Joey Bats (for 3B too, not just RF), and HOF plus would go to Toronto

SD

33 and probably a juicer...makes sense.

PhillyPhreak54

I was just coming to post this...

I'm deeply conflicted here.

1. It's Eskin and he's usually full of shtein...especially on Phils news
2. It's Amaro and he's dumber than farg and would do this

Help me.

SD

Amaro was just on CSN saying Byrd is as big as it's going to get with moves this offseason meaning his stupid ass has something else up his sleeve.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah his "poker face" is awful.

"no big moves"

Phils sign Lee

What a goddamn schmuck this guy is. I hate him more than ED fargING WADE

MDS

on the bright side amaro is about as unpopular as wade was

on the negative side wade did nothing to a great team which allowed a legend gm to come in and win a world series. amaro had napalmed this motherfarger with his dick and is pissing on it and chucking the jizz at chris wheelers faces while he jerks off.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

this team would suck with pat gillick as the gm....is roob a train wreck of course....but this team was destined to suck for a while with how they were built...a group of young guys that all came up together more or less and now are all old together...a depleted system that the ownership will not put the proper amount of attention towards and a bunch of other old free agents who are breaking down or about to

marlon byrd is such a small drop in the ocean its not even worth five seconds of anyones anger time....nor is letting ruiz walk

the major league team is not doing anything for the foreseeable future....everyones anger should be directed towards the resources being put into the minor leagues and international scouting because when and if they become good again its going to be because they develop some players
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Shawn Camp signed.  A 38-year old relief pitcher that throws in the mid 80s....check

Rome

Just more of the same.   Let me guess...  2 yrs $10M?

Edit...

QuoteHe is not to be confused with former six-time NBA all-star Shawn Kemp.

lol

BigEd76

Minor league deal.  Hopefully we'll never see the guy, like Mike MacDougal this past season

SD

No chance in the world there's any validity to this rumor but if this happened RAJ would get a pass this offseason for me even though he's the one who created this mess to begin with.

Florida radio station says there's been talks about a Ryan Howard + for David Price. The Phils would be eating half of Howard's contract. The hosts love the trade.

Dillen

Didn't listen, did a reporter actually say that? Sounds like some fan just came up with it on a whim, because it doesn't make any sense at all. Tampa is getting rid of Price because he's expensive... uh, Howard's contract is far worse (half is still $12m+), he's 5 years older, more injury prone, and as a whole is not even on the same planet as Price.

Unless the package includes Dom Brown and the top 3 Phillies prospects, ain't happening. The Rays front office is one of the best in the league... don't see this happening unless the Phillies get horrifyingly robbed.