Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

everything is coming together. I assume theon and yara will make it to slavers bay. should be an epic final two episodes.

im a little disaapointed there wont be an appearance by you know who leading the brotherhood.

also, im not ruling out a  "CleganeBowl" in some form. it has to be the end game for them.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

QB Eagles

What is hype may never die, but rises again, hyper and stronger.

https://youtu.be/psS2IMFkxKo

smeags

"ill have to eat every farging chicken in this room"  :-D

Beermonkey

Eagles_Legendz

That was something else.

Jaime at Riverrun next wk with Freys while they celebrate = his death I fear.  I hope not but I expect Arya to make an appearance there and it could be a wrong place wrong time situation.

QB Eagles

Not in my top 10 episodes, to be honest. Seems like I'm the only one in the world who thinks that, though.

Eagaholic

Not sure it was one of my top 3 for the season. Liked it a lot but there was nothing that blew me away.

smeags

very solid episode. the irony of ramsay's death made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, kind of like it did for sansa. that was telling moment when she smirked as she walked away, she's in full zena mode.

also, davos looking at melisandre like he did as he held that figurine, shteins going down.

Eagles_Legendz

Hardhome will probably always be my favorite because the scope of it came completely out of left field so it just took me completely be surprise even if I knew something was going to happen.   That being said, the direction in this episode in the battle was amazing and depicted a scope and relentless to war that I don't think has ever been done on TV.

smeags

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 19, 2016, 10:20:47 PM
That was something else.

Jaime at Riverrun next wk with Freys while they celebrate = his death I fear.  I hope not but I expect Arya to make an appearance there and it could be a wrong place wrong time situation.

would Jaime possibly be put into a position where he saves arya there ? does the hound show up at riverrun too ?

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: smeags on June 20, 2016, 08:01:59 AM
also, davos looking at melisandre like he did as he held that figurine, shteins going down.

That was a pretty good, subtle, oh-crap moment.

Dany looked like she wanted to jump down and start doing the nasty with Yara right there on the floor.

smeags

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on June 20, 2016, 09:46:36 AM

Dany looked like she wanted to jump down and start doing the nasty with Yara right there on the floor.

she wasn't the only one wanting that to happen.  :paranoid

smeags

blanking for some reason, trying to remember back, did davos know what happened to shireen ?

QB Eagles

I'm in complete agreement with Sepinwall's take. Visually there were a number of spectacles (although also a few times when the effects looked less than convincing, especially in Meereen). But what separates this episode from similar episodes in earlier seasons are the same complaints I've had about Seasons 5-6 all along: nothing even a little unpredictable occurred, the dialogue was less than memorable, many of the characters did things that didn't make a lot of sense. A lot of screen time is devoted to pushing the male writers' clumsy one-dimensional version of "strong female character" feminism, too.

After all that talk about Ramsay not caring about his men, both Jon and Sansa proved they didn't care about their army either, with Jon's painfully idiotic charge even after being warned, and Sansa deciding to withhold information from Jon so that the Vale army shows up only after Jon's wildlings and northerners have been destroyed. And in the end, no one abandoned Ramsay anyway, so I'm not sure what the point of all that talk was.

Littlefinger effectively owns the North now, giving him control over two kingdoms. Somewhat early in the books he was also named Lord of the Riverlands, although that's a title he hasn't done anything to enforce. He's building up quite the collection.

With Rickon dead, it seems clear that Sansa will be the Lady Regent of the North. Bran's a farged up magical cripple who will be off doing other stuff, Arya's younger, and Jon's parentage should preclude his rule. I'm not really sure what this does to succession, as Sansa's children wouldn't be Starks, unless there are some Stark cousins hanging around for her to bang. Sansa herself is very questionably a Stark at this point. In the books, I've kinda been expecting Rickon to be the eventual heir to the North, as a character relatively unaffected by all the bloodletting who can continue the Stark line without drama, and who has the wild and bold personality of many previous Stark generations. I don't think show viewers would care for that ending though, since they have little emotional investment in Rickon, and it would feel like something less than victory for Winterfell to pass to a kid they barely know. So I'm fine with killing him off on the show, even if I'm a bit wary about the idea of watching Sansa rule.

QB Eagles

Quote from: smeags on June 20, 2016, 10:31:39 AM
blanking for some reason, trying to remember back, did davos know what happened to shireen ?

No, we're supposed to believe that Davos and the Red Woman have been hanging out together for several months without that topic ever coming up.