Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

whatever lengths they went to wasn't enough for me, she's the most hated character for me. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

smeags

when has she not been hateable in the show ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

rjs246

I love Lena Headey. I think she's a badass who does a fantastic job with the Cersei role. But in doing a fantastic job she has made Cersei utterly nonredeemable.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

something i found on the web

Quote"Game of Thrones" executive producer David Benioff told the Oxford Union last week that the show writers know Martin's planned ending and are ready to push on without the source material.

"Luckily, we've been talking about this with George for a long time, ever since we saw this could happen, and we know where things are heading. And so we'll eventually, basically, meet up at pretty much the same place where George is going," said Benioff. "I kind of wish that there were some things we didn't have to spoil, but we're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. The show must go on and that's what we're going to do."

gonna suck for the readers of the series.

SunMo

this is a funny line from Greenwald's recap
QuoteGrey Worm checking himself back into the game like some sort of castrati Willis Reed

SunMo

Quote from: rjs246 on June 15, 2015, 09:30:32 AM
I love Lena Headey. I think she's a badass who does a fantastic job with the Cersei role. But in doing a fantastic job she has made Cersei utterly nonredeemable.

yeah my hatred is strictly for the character, the actress herself is awesome. 

Eagles_Legendz

I think Cersei is sympathetic on the show.  Not a hero but not a black character.  Dark grey.

SunMo

in which way is she sympathetic, i'm curious?  she fargs her brother, had her husband killed, had ned stark killed and psychologically tortured his daughter, ran the kingdom horribly through joeffrey, wanted Tyrion killed, etc...

rjs246

She got screwed over by her father. The entire kingdom hates her. She keeps getting married off to men that she hates. Her children keep getting taken from her. Her chance at ruling was unceremoniously taken from her by the only woman in Westeros who could be considered her equal from a looks perspective. She was recently raped by her brother on their father's coffin. She wants desperately to play the game but keeps getting thwarted (or at the very least, delayed) by people who are supposed to be closest to her.

So yeah, I get what Legendz is saying, I just don't actually agree. I think she's earned every one of the bad things that have happened to her.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Eagles_Legendz

She didn't have Ned killed.  She wanted Joffrey to let Ned take the black.  "Killing" Robert is a stretch.  I don't actually think Cersei has been responsible for any death directly on the show actually.  She's dominated for her love of her children and unfortunately the first was a monster.  I dunno, I don't see her as evil on the show.  Didn't see Tywin as evil though either, just dark grey, so what do I know

SunMo

You're right about Ned, I forgot about that.  i was just thinking how she and littlefinger screwed him over but then the little farg had him executed.

smeags

thought i remembered lancel mentioning to her about killing robert for her when he first saw cersei as a member of the faith ??

either way, i have less than zero sympathy for her.

Munson

I think Legendz is just referring to some scenes they put into the show that weren't actually in the book. When she goes to visit Catelyn after Bran's fall, the stuff she says to Catelyn there wasn't a trick, I don't think...I think she was genuinely feeling bad for Cat. In season 2 there were a few scenes that were designed to make her more sympathetic too that I don't recall being in the books, mainly some of the scenes where it was just her and Tyrion. The one scene where they got dangerously close to her and Tyrion actually being nice to each other as she was upset about her children and Tyrion was trying to reassure her. There was also a scene in Season 2 after Sansa gets her period where I think she gave Sansa some legitimate advice about how she'll never love Joffery but she will love their children. Etc....basically a whole bunch of scenes that could never actually redeem her, but that make her just slightly more sympathetic then what she is in the books.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

To echo what rjs said -- she's not as smart as she thinks she is, but she is constantly devalued and undermined and been treated like a used commodity most of her life.  I actually think she thought she was giving good advice to Sansa in the past, argued with Joff before Ned was killed etc.  She's spiteful and vindictive and tries to play the role of Tywin but isn't as capable.  I don't think she is "evil" though and while I root for her fall, I think they're able to draw some sympathy for her on the show (probably mostly through Headey's performance).

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: smeags on June 15, 2015, 10:29:33 AM
thought i remembered lancel mentioning to her about killing robert for her when he first saw cersei as a member of the faith ??

either way, i have less than zero sympathy for her.

I think what you're supposed to think is she told Lancel to keep Robert drunk and hope he died or something like that.