2011-12 Flyers Season Thread: Now With Less Alcohol!

Started by BigEd76, October 06, 2011, 10:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

so rumors are swirling that Pronger is retiring and moving to St Louis.  Supposedly there were moving trucks at his house.  Holmgren said they're just going back to be with his wife's family for a time, but i wouldnt be surprised if this is it for him. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Does that mean he won't count against the cap or what?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

If he retires, he counts against the cap.  If they keep him on the LTIR he's essentially shelved for half his salary if i remember correctly. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

I may be incorrect but if they LTIR him he counts against the cap during the offseason but as long as he's not on the active roster it won't count during the regular season.

Seabiscuit36

yeah i could be way off, and i'm too lazy to look it up. 

ice grillin you

just got this email...

QuoteTo the most passionate fans in hockey:

I am overwhelmed by the support you have given me by participating in the NHL13 cover vote and landing me a spot in the finals. Regardless of the outcome, which will be announced at the NHL Awards on June 20th, I can confidently say that we have the best fans in all of hockey.

I wanted to thank each and every one of you personally for your support in this contest and also throughout the past season. I have known since the first time I took the ice in Philadelphia that our fans are unmatched by any other team. I feel a real sense of pride that I have had the opportunity to play in front of you game after game.

Thank you again for your support and I can't wait to hit the ice for the 2012-13 season!

Claude Giroux
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Seabiscuit36

Except JVR is holding off on getting surgery because he wants to have his twitter game on swole

BigEd76

Carle might be close to re-signing for about 3/$13M.  Not happy if this prevents them from getting a real defenseman...

SD

I'm not a Carle fan but I could live with that, I honestly thought someone would give him more. And I don't mind trading JVR but move him for a defenseman.

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 11, 2012, 11:23:54 PM
Carle might be close to re-signing for about 3/$13M.  Not happy if this prevents them from getting a real defenseman...

carle is a real defenseman...a legit second pairing guy...if you want to upgrade over him thats fine...but you dont know the sport if you think matt carle isnt a "real" defenseman

lets be real tho unless a miracle takes place it doesnt matter who is on defense as they arent winning with breezy in goal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

I think Eazy means a Defenseman who can make contact with a puckcarrier.  That said, those are good #'s for a player of his caliber and honestly look at Carle's #'s compared to Ryan Suter. 

SunMo

carle is pathetic.  he's a turnover machine and he's nothing when he's not paired with a stud #1 like pronger.

he can skate and that makes everyone else forget that he has a woman's slapshot and no physicality whatsoever
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Rob Zombie will write and direct a film about the mid-70's Flyers titled Broad St Bullies (very original title). 

Seabiscuit36

Carle is going to test FA as well with Jagr.  Supposedly the Flyers are talking to players higher up in the draft than they should be leading to speculation that Homer may make a move to get younger talent again.  One other thing that interests me is Bobby Ryan is again on the block, and after failing to get Nash to remove his NTC, i can see Holmgren going after the hometown kid.