2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: Don Ho on May 24, 2011, 10:02:55 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 24, 2011, 10:01:43 PM
Madson should have never been in there to begin with. Why bring a closer in a non-closer situation?

Thank you.  What in the hell was with that move?

lol wow. its textbook to bring in your closer at home in a tie game in the 9th.

if he brings in kendrick or baez or romero youd cry for madson if they gave up runs

their best relief pitcher had a bad outing. he lost the game for them. mariano rivera blows saves, too.

on to tomorrow. aint no lesson here.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 24, 2011, 10:02:50 PM
Quote from: MDS on May 24, 2011, 09:55:06 PM
yea if he has 1 bad outing in may then obviously he wont be able to get it done in october

goodbye, season

hes never been able to get it done in any month his whole career...but i guess because he had a good last few weeks hes ready to close out the red sox in the world series...i definitely see the correlation

wow what?

are you just acting like this to get a reaction or are you honestly this dense?

madson gave up some runs. oh my god. it happens. in no way shape or form would a blow up or a 1-2-3 outing mean anything in terms of playoffs. no one is setting bullpen rotations for october yet.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

just letting you know what you got this october in the playoffs...people worry about the offense....but closer is as much of if not a bigger issue if they make the post season even tho its rarely talked about because so many homers think madson is some god closer
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

you are such a drama queen. no one you should be paying attention to thinks like that.

youve been waiting since day 1 to say that and finally madson gives up a run and there you go. i dont understand this. he gave up a run and lost the game. it happens a few times a season to every single closer. big deal.

the last time madson gave up a run was april 18. he was due to get hit a little bit. it eventually had to happen.

contreras hasnt given up an earned run this year. guess what? he will pretty soon.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah closers pitch the 9th at home in a tie ballgame.

If they were losing by a run, then you flame away. But tied ballgame = closer time.

And what is up with his entry music being farging Journey? Did his wife pick it out for him?

MDS

if you want to complain about madson, complain about his wife

what an all time HOF funhole

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 24, 2011, 10:02:50 PM

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 24, 2011, 10:01:43 PM
Madson should have never been in there to begin with. Why bring a closer in a non-closer situation?

unwritten rule that you always do that at home since you have the last at bat

You're right.  Our bad.  I was so caught up that this was going to extra innings and wanted them to save Madson. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Madson has pitched pretty damn well the past few weeks.  Jay Bruce, what can you say.  Let's get on choke as he started the ninth inning meltdown.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Madson gave up one hit to the outfield, to the hottest hitter in the league. Drama is not justified.

ice grillin you

this is the problem with phillie homers these days....instead of looking at the big picture and seeing the real issue....they instead look at a may game and say all is well...ive never seen anything quite like it in philadelphia sports history

understand no one gives a farg that he blew a game last night or that he saved five in a row before this....the only thing that matters is that the phillies do not have a proven closer and have a suspect bullpen in general....this doesnt matter now when batters are taking games off all the time....but come october when you are tied or close late against good hitters who are bearing down you want proven guys who you have confidence in

excluding brad lidge and i dont think anyone expects anything out of him this year there is not a single postseason save on this roster

0 saves
2 blown saves

thats it thats the list

but no worries cause ryan madson faced a hot hitter in may
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

this thread is awesome.  it's rare to find a single collection of baseball retardety but we've manage to do it here.

questioning why madson was in?  check

madson has one bad inning in 2011 and he sucks?  check

i'd rather listen to 15 year old girls from haddonfield talk about baseball at McFaddens
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Without a doubt Madson should have been in there + that should be chalked up to a shtein happens. If Howard scoops that throw, then maybe the inning doesnt get going. I place more blame on him for not digging that out than I do on Madson.

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 25, 2011, 07:36:27 AMexcluding brad lidge and i dont think anyone expects anything out of him this year there is not a single postseason save on this roster

who farging cares if Halladay, Lee and Hamels are pitching complete games