2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

I'd love to see the Phils drop a 10 spot on these douche bags 2 days in a row. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Not worried anymore about pop off the bench now that Orr is back. AMIRITE?

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Stutesy gettin' hit around a bit...Madson warming.

Come on man, end this shtein

Rome

Eagles_Legendz

Stutes has definitely regressed.  I like the bullpen in the future (assuming they can keep Madson) with Aumont/Schwimmer/De Frautus all apparently have bullpen potential to go with basticho and possibly Stutes, but it is getting thin this year.  Need starters to go 7 pretty much every night and hand it to basticho and Madson.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 23, 2011, 09:36:39 PM
I believe I read that Cliff Lee has the same number of XBH's as Ross Gload.

I think 3 phillies pitchers have higher BAs than Schneider.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on August 23, 2011, 09:59:54 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 23, 2011, 09:36:39 PM
I believe I read that Cliff Lee has the same number of XBH's as Ross Gload.

I think 3 phillies pitchers have higher BAs than Schneider.

And yet, the Phils are something like 24-4 with him starting.

Rome

It's gotten to the point with Schneider where luck & sample size are becoming less and less believable explanations for how they've performed with him in the lineup.  I mean, how else can you explain Worley & Kendrick pitching as well as they have with him behind the plate?

Whatever.  24-3 is indeed rediculous (sic).

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Have the Phils really given up 4 unearned runs today on just 1 error?  Because that's what the box score suggests and I'm not sure how that's possible.   

MDS

you can give 100 runs on 1 error

an error is an assumed out. if you get 2 more outs, that should have been 3. so lets say someone reaches on an error. then 2 strike outs. then 5 homers in a row. all those runs are unearned because the inning should be over, because the first batter should have been out.

sassy.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, I know that.  I'm scoreboard watching on ESPN.com and the pbp explanation makes no sense.  It reads that 2 runs scored prior to Martinez' error. 

edit - I think they're having some technical issues with the site because the box score keeps changing everytime it auto-refreshes.  It's 7-3 one minute then 0-0 in the 1st, then 4-3 in the 2nd, etc, etc. 

MDS

you could spend some money and watch the games on your computer, cheap jew

PoopyfaceMcGee

Again, I think that it's very clear we learned more about the team in today's game than either of the last two. Definitely a lot to worry about.