2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

sardines is a retarded assole.  dive into him AAA legacy.

the offense is multiple retarded iceholes.   utley come here .. like now.   brown please join the party as well.   i guess replacing pat burrell's and jayson werth's with raul and fransisco didn't work out that well.  mayberry needs majority playing time from now on, even though he was out on this steal.   

halladay, lee, and oswalt shouldn't be losing consecutive games. 

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 11, 2011, 07:29:38 AM
12 wins would be a good benchmark number...whats everone else think they should get?

atl - L
atl - W
atl - L

at fla - W
at fla - L
at fla - W

at atl - W
at atl - L
at atl - L

at stl - L
at stl - L

col
col

tex
tex
tex

cinn
cinn
cinn
cinn

currently 4-7
record needed to get to 12 wins = 8-1
record this year against teams .500 or above = 7-9

also...

team is three games back of being in 6th place in the NL

guess it does make a difference when you start playing good teams
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

When you post this drivel day after day it really makes you look like an a-hole.

You care deeply, obviously.

PoopyfaceMcGee

SKY IS FALLING ALL IS LOST

P.S. Season's over. Time to move on.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on May 18, 2011, 07:21:19 AM
When you post this drivel day after day it really makes you look like an a-hole.

You care deeply, obviously.

dont take the low hanging fruit

someone just needs attention and validation
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

LBIggle

Quote from: Don Ho on May 18, 2011, 03:57:43 AM
LB, what's brewing?

sup man, just watching a bunch of really good pitchers get shafted with a AAA lineup game after game. 

i really hope utley comes back and contributes soon.. other then that their pretty much screwed offensively.  even when brown comes up i don't think he's going to be a real great upgrade.. at least for this year and they don't have much to trade with except lower level prospects. 

ice grillin you

people need to remember that with utley last year the offense sucked...not this bad of course but he is not going to be the savoir that everything thinks

and are the phillies ever not on tv....monday espn tues mlb wed espn

Munson

Yeah but the offense sucked last year because they were awful all year with RISP, and both Jimmy and Ryan had some career low years. Neither of those guys are batting nearly as bad this year so far.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Nice to see Grit still throwing balls away trying to turn 2. 

The offense is beyond pathetic right now.  The Phour Horsemen need to be throwing some blanket parties in the clubhouse. 

MDS

its actually interesting to watch

in everyone of these games theyve been 1 hit away from winning. the pitching is really good and i honestly cant imagine the offense staying as bad as it is right now. just simply based on the law of averages it has to get better, on top of getting victorino and utley back and hopefully getting someone from outside the organization to play LF or RF.

its kind of like a string of 16's in blackjack, you need to just power through it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

MDS

every single team since the dawn of time has gone through a rough stretch

and this is the first for the phillies. in the past its never farged them up long term, so hopefully that continues to be the case.

its may 18 or whatever and they finally have a losing streak going. z. o. m. g.

Munson

The reason why this offense is so poor right now is how they've been hitting with RISP. Clutch hitting. They had it earlier in teh year, they don't right now.

Oh, and also martinez, orr, and valdez being everyday players.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds