Brandon Graham, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, April 22, 2010, 09:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

It just burned, like the Trade up last time with Denver, when the eagles looked like they were going to draft DJ Williams.  His phone rang, i coudlnt believe it, then they say Andrews with his Pollyps.  THis was literally the same thing.  Amazing player there, and they go for a guy who's gonna be solid, i dont think he's a bust, he's a workman type player. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

They filled a definite need with a guy who was projected to go around where he did. They didn't reach, they traded equal value for the pick.

Hell, I would have loved a safety there too....but the sky is falling comments from the first few pages of this thread were ridiculous.

And I hate this front office. Have to add that disclaimer.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

I like it.

would have loved Thomas, and I thought this was the perfect storm, to jump ahead of Seattle because Carroll was in love with him

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 22, 2010, 11:33:00 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 22, 2010, 11:31:07 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 22, 2010, 11:25:56 PM
To have him opposite Cole? Everyone has been bitching and bitching about having a guy with a motor like Cole on the other side. You get him and no one is happy. They still have 2 picks in the 2nd.

some people wanted an edge rusher opposite cole...like someone the offense would have to worry about and possibly take attention away from killa...not a midget oversized OLB type with little burst

Aw, whats the matter? Your wholehearted trust and faith in Howie is wavering?

Apparently, according to the draft chart, they gave up exactly what they should have to get him.

wow are you drunk

"whole hearted faith" - first of all before the draft i said i have no choice but to give him a chance but if he farged up id be the first to rip him

"according to the chart" - they gave up to much not because of where they traded up to and what they gave to get there but because of who they took...i have zero faith that this guy will be a great edge pass rusher in the nfl...and to give up two thirds in this draft he better be great...i have serious questions if he will even be good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 22, 2010, 11:34:25 PM
It just burned, like the Trade up last time with Denver, when the eagles looked like they were going to draft DJ Williams.  His phone rang, i coudlnt believe it, then they say Andrews with his Pollyps.  THis was literally the same thing.  Amazing player there, and they go for a guy who's gonna be solid, i dont think he's a bust, he's a workman type player. 

Don't see how that relates, they got a guy who went around when he was supposed to and has none of the baggage that the Big Kid had. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 22, 2010, 11:36:26 PM
They filled a definite need with a guy who was projected to go around where he did. They didn't reach, they traded equal value for the pick.

Hell, I would have loved a safety there too....but the sky is falling comments from the first few pages of this thread were ridiculous.

And I hate this front office. Have to add that disclaimer.

in other words you have no idea who this guy is but just that he went about where he should have and they didnt give up to much for him....how can you make either of those judgements without knowing who the player is

The BIGSTUD

I think the reason everyone was shocked was because Adam Schefter and Mike Mayock flat out said: The Eagles will be picking Earl Thomas with this pick combined with the fact that all the pre-draft hype said safety.

Schefter is usually right on the money, but man he was off when he "confirmed" Earl Thomas was the pick. He was dead wrong.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

i wasnt shocked at all that they didnt take thomas....but i thought it would be morgan not graham

Drunkmasterflex

I don't get the whole thing about people saying he doesn't have burst or whatever.  I have watched a ton of Michigan football this guy can play and has a great all round game.  If he was slightly bigger he is a top 5 pick. 

As much as I like him there are still a few good edge rushers and not really too many safties.  Especially not ones with the potential playmaking ability of Thomas. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Drunkmasterflex

Also since "the Gov" hates this pick he should automatically be good.  I used to like Rendell, but man he is such a douche now. 

Don Ho

Quote from: King Cole on April 22, 2010, 11:40:17 PM
I think the reason everyone was shocked was because Adam Schefter and Mike Mayock flat out said: The Eagles will be picking Earl Thomas with this pick combined with the fact that all the pre-draft hype said safety.

Schefter is usually right on the money, but man he was off when he "confirmed" Earl Thomas was the pick. He was dead wrong.

I missed it live as I had an appointment.  Just watched the replay.  You're right, Schefter was sold that the birds were going to take Thomas.  Gruden and Tom Jackson loved the pick.  I would have loved Thomas but Graham is not a bad pick.  I saw several reports that actually had him higher than Morgan.

B+
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

PG loves the pick of a guy from Michigan???

SHOCKING
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 22, 2010, 11:42:16 PM
i wasnt shocked at all that they didnt take thomas....but i thought it would be morgan not graham

Same
And I think it's funny anyone on here was shocked they didn't take Thomas. Regardless of how bad they need a safety - and they need one bad - there's zero chance the Eagles take one in round 1, and -i nfinity they trade up for one. Their areas of most importance are the lines and CBs.

The BIGSTUD

Graham is a better player than Morgan IMO. Still would have preferred Thomas though.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Diomedes

Giving away two threes to move up for an undersized DE makes me see red.  Not least because Reid has shown that he can't pick a good DE.  But also because this is a draft deep in talent.  So unless you're shedding picks in order to move up for a real prospect--that is to say, a player everyone knows has a great chance of being a stud--then why waste the picks?  Here, I'll put it to you anther way:  how is Brandon Graham TWO THREES better than Jerry Hughes, for example?

farging stupid move.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger