Brandon Graham, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, April 22, 2010, 09:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 15, 2011, 09:52:37 AM
in related news jpp is second in the nfl in sacks

also related is that jpp is tied for second with Babin

Diomedes

Behind Babin, who you mocked when he was brought back.  Or you mocked the FO.  I forget which.  Either way, you were wrong as usual.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

babin is farging awful and one of the reasons their run defense is 30th in the nfl
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

After zesty LBs 1 thru 3, and out-of-his-depth DC, sure, Babin isn't much help against the run.  I can forgive him that given that he's actually producing in the role for which he was hired..rushing the passer.

Haters gonna hate.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

ill be the first to admit he has more sacks than i thought he would (unless he goes for like a two sacks the rest of the year)...but being paid to get to the qb does not come at the expense of being a negative in every other aspect of your game...im not looking for him to be jared allen but he gives away more than he takes...i can recall at least a half dozen 3rd down plays that he gave up first downs on because he ran straight up the field without a care in the world...and that doesnt even address running downs where hes completely worthless

hes not the sole reason by any means however i dont think its a coincidence that in the two years since hes become an every down pass rusher his teams have been 29th and 30th in rushing defense

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you link=topic=20http://www.concretefield.info/forum/Themes/core/images/bbc/sub.gif860.msg852739#msg852739 date=1318692247i dont think its a coincidence that in the two years since hes become an every down pass rusher his teams have been 29th and 30th in rushing defense

lol, yeah.   Jason f'n Babin ruined the '10 Titans run D, and now he's doing the same thing to the Eagles.  Great logic.

Dude is not a problem.  Sure, it would be nice if he played the run as well as Cole, but it would also be nice if every player who's doing alright did better. 

I am much more concerned with the ten or twelve worthless players who contribute nothing.

Also, he's Republican and he's white.  Since you are anti-whites and you hate republicans, maybe that explains your idiotic grudge against the guy?

Or maybe, just maybe, you're trolling for attention and argument...and I was dumb enough to oblige.  I'm gonna go with that, and move on. 

p.s.  Brandon Graham sucks.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, of all the things wrong with this D, Babin is towards the bottom of the list.  Put a few LB's on the field who can hit the gaps left vacant by the wide 9 and Babin isn't "exposed" nearly as much.  He's a pass rusher, and a really good one at that....which is precisely what the Eagles brought him in for. 

QB Eagles

I saw Ryan Fitzpatrick run 7 yards through the middle of the line on a QB sneak. Let's worry about that before we worry about players running around Jason Babin.

ice grillin you

im not worried about him just pointing out that hes a liability on the field and has been as bad or worse than any LB against the run and teams have schemed against him and his out of control up the field rush all year

not sure what i was thinking asking this board to actually look past numbers and at the game....wont happen again

reese125

Yeah but forget the numbers, you have to put into consideration that when Babin runs wide up the field thats what is being called by the Castillo. There are many plays he crosses inside with Jenkins and goes through the B gap for inside penetration.

I cant see how you can say Babin sucks and is the result of the run d being putrid. Has there been some runs to the outside with some large gains--sure...but over 3/4 of the large gains are up the gut where Babin isnt even part of the play and the LBs are clearly the issue.  Babin has been selfishly quoted as saying he loves the wide 9-- because hes doing exactly what hes told to do and getting to the qb. The scheme is making him look like a top flight pass rusher.

ice grillin you

he is selfish....watch him on running downs....downs he really shoudnt even be on the field for and he could care less about stopping the run....he often is running up the field even then and when he isnt he plays like he wants to be anywhere else in the world than taking on a OL to make a run stop....theres no way hes being told to do that

bottom line is blame whoever you want but the guy is super limited...hes not the only reason they suck but hes a big one....especially in the fourth quarters this year....he has been completely exposed....he also has zero 4th quarter sacks and only one in the second half this year...he doesnt derserve the most blame much less all of it...all im saying is the guy is not a good defensive end

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 15, 2011, 12:34:33 PM
I saw Ryan Fitzpatrick run 7 yards through the middle of the line on a QB sneak. Let's worry about that before we worry about players running around Jason Babin.

I thought it was 9 yds, but according to espn play by play, it was 10.  Either way, Babin is not the issue.   

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=311009002&period=2

Quote3rd and 5 at BUF 25   R.Fitzpatrick up the middle to BUF 35 for 10 yards (N.Asomugha; J.Page).

Diomedes

PoopyfaceMcGee

Babin
Jarrod Page
Casey Matthews
Nnamdi Asomugha
Brandon Graham

That's it. That's the list.

Seabiscuit36

If JPP was here, he'd end up a Safety, get the farg over it
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons