Nashville Roadie

Started by hbionic, April 21, 2010, 01:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 07, 2010, 09:24:12 PM
There's a start up beer fest in Nashville on Sat, Oct 23.  Only 24 beers available but it's only $10 to try them all.  $20 and you get to keep the glass.  Any of you ever heard of any of these brews? 

Yazoo Hop Project
Terrapin India Brown Ale
Highland Oatmeal Porter
BBC Hell Fer Certain
Dogfish Head Punkin
Victory Prima Pilsner
Stoudt's APA
Brooklyn Brown
Stone Smoked Porter
Rogue Double Dead Guy
Left Hand 400lb Monkey
North Coast Red Seal Ale
Terrapin Side Project Hopzilla Imperial
Rogue EX McRogue Scotch Ale
He'brew Rejewvenator '10
Ken & Jack
Left Hand Twin Sister's IPA
Dogfish Head Sah'tea
Schlafly APA
Fritz & Ken
Yazoo Hefe-Weizen
Schalfly Oktoberfest
Sweetwater 4:20
Brooklyn Lager

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale is their oktoberfest beer...it's VERY pumpkin-y, and i don't like pumpkin so I don't like it. But if you like pumpkin, you'll like it.

The other Dogfish Head I've seen at Total Wine but never picked up. Here's what the website says..

QuoteA modern update on a 9th century Finnish proto-beer.
Brewed with rye, we caramelize the wort with white hot river rocks, then ferment it with a German Weizen yeast. In addition to juniper berries foraged directly from the Finnish country-side we added a sort of tea made with black tea, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and black pepper.

The spicing is subtle and balanced and Sahtea is a highly-quaffable, truly-unique brew with a full-mouth feel.

The Sah'tea was first brewed at our small brewery in the Rehoboth Beach brewpub. The brew was chronicled in The New Yorker article by Burkhard Bilger in the fall of 2008.

For 'The Story Behind The Story' of our Sah'tea, check out our Quick Sip Clip about Sah'tea below. To get a sneak peek on our first brew day of Sah'tea see either of the other two video clips at the bottom of the page..

Says it's 9% alcohol but only a has an IBU rating of 6
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

DH

My buddy works for Stoudt's - all of their beers are pretty damn good actually.

rjs246

So who is actually going to this goddamned thing besides Matt and I. I mean we've needed a nice quiet trip to middle america to work on our communication problems for a while now, but if I get bored with talking about where our relationship is going it might be good to have some other Eagles fans around.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

I'm in.  Leave got approved, just bought tix for myself, squaw, chuggie and his +1. 

What do you fargers want to eat?  I'm thinking about keeping it simple with burgers, dogs and booze. 

rjs246

Adding brats or some form of smelly sausage meat for grilling would be lovely.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

hbionic

I may or may not be going solo....so if I do...and if any other than Smokey and the Savage have an extra space available...I'd be happy to go halfers on the room. If not, I can find my own room to masturbate in.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Father Demon

Me and Gino are still in.  Getting to Nashville on Saturday, and I'm down with that beer fest - what are the where/time details?  Also, Schlafly is one of my favorites - the APA is OUTfargINGSTANDING. You like hops, you'll love that gaddamned beer.

We're staying at The Radisson out by the airport for $127 for both nights (all taxes and fees included), and our tickets are in Section 314.

And for tailgate, I'm in for grilled flesh. 
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Sgt PSN

Who the farg are you?  Wait....Radisson....beer snob....elitist flesh eater.  Ok, yeah......I know you. 

Eagaholic

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 07, 2010, 09:24:12 PM
There's a start up beer fest in Nashville on Sat, Oct 23.  Only 24 beers available but it's only $10 to try them all.  $20 and you get to keep the glass.  Any of you ever heard of any of these brews?  

Yazoo Hop Project
Terrapin India Brown Ale
Highland Oatmeal Porter
BBC Hell Fer Certain
Dogfish Head Punkin
Victory Prima Pilsner
Stoudt's APA
Brooklyn Brown
Stone Smoked Porter
Rogue Double Dead Guy
Left Hand 400lb Monkey
North Coast Red Seal Ale
Terrapin Side Project Hopzilla Imperial
Rogue EX McRogue Scotch Ale
He'brew Rejewvenator '10
Ken & Jack
Left Hand Twin Sister's IPA
Dogfish Head Sah'tea
Schlafly APA
Fritz & Ken
Yazoo Hefe-Weizen
Schalfly Oktoberfest
Sweetwater 4:20
Brooklyn Lager

Sarge, I've had a t least a couple of the Terrapin line, Hop Karma IPA and Hopzilla both outstanding if you like a real hoppy brew, which I do. Also had some of the He'Brews. One or two were ok and another surprisingly good. It would go well with matzo ball soup if you're serving up any of that at the tailgate.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD

rjs246

Oh just a little something I like to call The Fist of Adonis:

Let them eat bootstraps.