Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

It's over.

Done.

Here we come, NLCS.

QB Eagles

utley has no idea if he was hit by the pitch or was safe at second. says he touched third though. :-D

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 08, 2010, 09:49:02 PM
So I wonder if Dusty Baker is going to go all Dennis Green during his post game presser?  It would definitely be appropriate.  And awesome. 

Well I'm sure it will be covered during the 17 hours of TBS post game coverage later tonight.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 08, 2010, 09:50:32 PM
phils just laid back and let the reds implode in this one. can't get away with that crap against a team this good and with this amount of playoff experience. the phils feasted on all those mistakes.

the pitching was excellent once oswalt left the game.

Oswalt's performance was shocking.  He was the one I was least worried about coming into the post season.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Don Ho on October 08, 2010, 09:55:00 PM
Quote from: QB Eagles on October 08, 2010, 09:50:32 PM
phils just laid back and let the reds implode in this one. can't get away with that crap against a team this good and with this amount of playoff experience. the phils feasted on all those mistakes.

the pitching was excellent once oswalt left the game.

Oswalt's performance was shocking.  He was the one I was least worried about coming into the post season.

well, it's not like he totally stunk. just didn't have his best stuff. im not too worried about it.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, he wasn't terrible by any stretch.  5 innings, 2 er.  Those are good Kendrick numbers but not what you hope for out of your #2 pitcher at home.

SD

When Oswalt is good his stuff hovers around the lower part of the strike zone, tonight his stuff was hovering around the middle. You could tell from the start he wasn't going to have a good night, I kept hoping he'd settle down but gave up in the 3rd.

Sgt PSN

That farging TBS commercial featuring Doc's no-no gives me goosebumps and wood.  In fact, it gives me goosebumps on my wood, which I had previously thought was not possible. 

PhillyGirl

That was awesome. They played well other than the 2 errors by Utley. Good to see the offense come alive at the end and start hitting the crap out of the Reds.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

A few interesting tidbits from ESPN's game recap:

QuotePhillies are the 6th team to have 2 wild pitches and commit 2 errors in a postseason game AND win. The last team to do it...the Phillies in Game 4 of the 2009 NLDS.

How the Phillies bullpen restored order against the Reds: - No messing around. The Phillies bullpen faced 14 hitters and only went to 3-ball counts twice (both walks). Of the 52 pitches the 5 relievers threw, 34 were strikes (65.4 pct). - Effective fastball. Reds hitters were 1-9 (.111) against the relievers' heaters. They collectively threw 30 fastballs and 23 were strikes (76.7 pct).

From Elias: Winning pitcher- Jose Contreras Losing pitcher- Aroldis Chapman First time the winning and losing pitchers of a postseason game were both from Cuba

Brad Lidge converted his 11th straight postseason save, which is the second-longest streak in postseason history.

MDS

i somehow avoided hearing anything about the game.

watched the first 3 innings at a seedy bar near the stadium, covered a football game involving 2 teams that had something like 5 or 6 player arrested for possession of pot in the past week (yeaaa boiiiiii), then got home, popped open a shiner and watched the phillies show everyone why they are the best team in baseball.

todd 1
world 0

for today. for maybe just an hour.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

I will never rip Wheels or TBS or the Nationals broadcast crew or whom ever after listening to Chris Berman on ESPN radio tonight.  He has got to be the worst ever.  Calls every play like the home run derby and is spilling all over himself.  He is such a buffoon.  Thank god Rick Sutcliffe was there to bail him out.

Rome

that game was sickening to watch.   nice result, though.

PhillyGirl

I seriously wanted someone to hit one of those 102 mph balls right back into the mug of Aroldis Chapman.

PS..he was wearing 3 times Dom Brown's salary around his neck. What an atrocity that thing was!
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

speaking of atrocious neckwear what the hell were those things the reds players were wearing?   i'm sure it had something to do with magnets because they're all the rage now, but good god they looked ridiculous.