Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I'm at the point of anger when its all calm.

Like Michael Douglas in Falling Down when he's so pissed he's just chill.

Tonight was an abomination. The manager should kick every one of their asses.

Thanks for the great team you built, Amaro.

ice grillin you

has anyone ever hated someone more than j hates amaro
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I think my hate for him has exceeded my hate for Ed Wade. And that was some serious shtein.

MDS

yet you love 5 to the bone

i will never get you j but i will always love you
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Amaro is directly responsible for the product on the field. He's ruined what could have been a great run.

MDS

the only awful move he made was lee

otherwise its been bad luck (lidge) and injuries this year

the real book on him is what he does in the next week and over the offseason. its probably beyond savable this year but not in the long haul
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

That's one helluva awful, and long term, farg up. You pair those three together and then you fill in at the deadline.

Danys Baez and Raul Ibanez aren't exactly beacons of light either.

Nor was Juan Castro.

ice grillin you

so the real judgment on him is in the next week but this year is not salvable

make your mind up son

ice grillin you

lol danys baez...what a farging joke....and hes here next year too

rube is gillick without the good moves

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 19, 2010, 01:56:22 AM
That's one helluva awful, and long term, farg up. You pair those three together and then you fill in at the deadline.

Danys Baez and Raul Ibanez aren't exactly beacons of light either.

Nor was Juan Castro.

lol @ castro and baez being awful moves

they dont matter. every gm signs random ass players the fill out the roster. some work, some dont. 1 year deals and castro is already gone. who cares. strike that baez is indeed 2, though the money isnt big. hes gonna get cut before next season or bought out. minor hit.

ibanez you could argue but hes clearly not been the same since the injury. thats badl luck. though he is 40 years old, should have known these things were gonna happen. at the same time, the market for LF's were weak sauce and you couldnt sign some 1 year replacement player slop and hope hof brown or taylor would be able to take over. you needed someone. in retrospect it wasnt the greatest move but at the time it made a lot of sense. not everything is gonna play out great.

big thing is they never fixed this problem. ibanez is still in the lineup and hof brown is still in AAA. ownership wont eat salary even though they could afford it. is this on amaro? yes and no. but i wont kill him for the ibanez signing.

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 19, 2010, 01:57:09 AM
so the real judgment on him is in the next week but this year is not salvable

make your mind up son

wth the right moves and the right luck they could win the wild card. they are in a mess of teams within a game or two of each other and who's to say whats gonna happen in september. the division is shot. this much we know.

you call up hof brown, you add an infielder, pitching help, etc. something. i know things are bleak but in 07 and 08 they didnt look like a playoff team in july. in 80 and 83 from what i read they were shtein in september.

PhillyPhreak54

Rube is like his pops, Ed Wade.

Pat Gillick got them a championship. He was a hired gun.

Ruben Amaro was groomed for this. This is who they wanted from the time they told him he sucked cock as a player and to move up next to Daddy Ed. He was too green when Wade was fired.

I prayed that when Houston interviewed him (remember that?) he would get the job because that would prevent Monty & Gang from hiring him after Gillick rolled out.

ice grillin you

dannys is two years kid

and j rube was a bat boy way before he was a player

lol at the lil guy trying to defend at every turn

PhillyPhreak54

Castro was signed in December, right? He was signed, and identified, as a vital part of the bench. The bench that they were refargingmodeling.

There was other options. But Roob went with the guy who was worse, as if that was ever thought to be possible, than Eric Bruntlett.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 19, 2010, 02:08:24 AM
dannys is two years kid

and j rube was a bat boy way before he was a player

lol at the lil guy trying to defend at every turn

Yeah, thats right. Bat boy, player, assistant GM and now GM...forever on the teat of the Phillies upper crust.

MDS

what difference would it make what backup infielder they signed?

castro, valdez, they are interchangeable with any other guy they could have gotten on the market. when jrol went down they missed him. bad. now that uts is down they miss him. bad. you cannot come close to replacing those guys.

gillick went and got iguchi when utley got hurt in 07. immediately. iguchi was alright.

rube has done NOTHING. wilson valdez still plays every day. this is a problem. kill him on that. not for juan castro.

the injuries this year have destroyed them. not sure what the hell you want. there is no team with a bench that can replace utley and rollins. they traded away all their good young talent to get lee. to get halladay.

and thats why the lee deal makes 0 sense. they are all in for the next 2 years and they go and give him away. ugh. awful.

i will kill amaro on stuff he needs to be killed on. but a lot of the averagness of 2010 stems from bad luck.