Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: LBIggle on October 11, 2010, 01:04:04 AM
Quote from: Rome on October 11, 2010, 12:59:27 AM
both teams will have extended rests, dude.  the phillies at most will have three more days and considering the colossal number of injuries they've endured this year, that's probably a good thing.

also - it's not like this is their first trip to the rodeo.  they've shown repeatedly they're capable of playing at the highest level no matter the circumstance.   they'll be ready... no worries.

i'm aware.  they've had long rests before.  but their new ace number two obviously is not fond of extra rest for whatever reason.  and howard and werth have not been hitting.  i'm not trying to make it a big deal, everyone else is.  it was a simple comment that has now transformed into 3 pages of useless banter.  shocking.  lol.

omg we've resorted to grammar insults at 103am.  i'm the ass? 

Where did I say that? 

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

i enjoyed the playoff baseball contest last night
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on October 11, 2010, 09:34:30 AM
i enjoyed the playoff baseball contest last night

it's just too bad hamels gave up five hits in nine innings.

weak nancy.

PoopyfaceMcGee

They should give Kendrick some innings to give other teams a chance.

SunMo

i hope they don't get too much rest.  they shouldn't need rest after playing 165 baseball games, Hoydas.

Rome

More like 200 counting spring training.

rjs246

Playing a game of baseball is less physically strenuous than 3 and a half hours of drinking, so I'm sure they'll be fine.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 11, 2010, 06:55:14 AMThe Phils made the best offense in baseball look completely foolish in this series.

QuoteRoy Halladay and Cole Hamels are the first teammates to throw shutouts in the same series since Ken Holtzman and Vida Blue did it for the A's in the 1974 ALCS.

QuoteThe NL's top offense managed only 11 hits in three games - the fewest for a team in a postseason series, according to STATS LLC. The previous low was 13 by Texas against the New York Yankees in 1998.

LBIggle

I was talking to sun about the grammar remark rome. 

All that standing around battling gravity.. Rest up nice and good before the offseason.

In case you havent been tuned in.. Most of these guys didnt play 160 odd games this year.  They had an injury or two... And have been resting comfortably on the bench for a good portion of the season.

BigEd76

the humorless redneck last night

Rome

I really really really wish they'd stop doing that.  It's bad enough listening to athletes.  Forcing us to listen to coaches is borderline aural abuse.

SunMo

and none of them want to do it, that much is obvious.

PhillyPhreak54

I like how Charlie forces it onto Dubee and others.

SD

Anyone else concerned with the Giants? I know the Phillies are a better team, have HFA, and are on a roll, but Halladay's career #s against them aren't good, Lincecum looked damn good, Cain is a good pitcher, Oswalt struggled a bit (although I do think he'll settle in).