Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Go Waipio!  Kicking Georgia's ass 7-4 after being down 4-0. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

best injury in philly since irvin's spine got blown up? i'll have to think about this one.

Don Ho

shtein.  If he has Tommy John in the near future how long is the recovery?  Is next season shot?

ice grillin you

MDS

its around a year

if all goes well he could be back around july or august 2011

but hes already a delicate little flower as it is and dc is gonna blow next year, so logic says the target date is opening day 2012
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 27, 2010, 04:19:42 PM
best injury in philly since irvin's spine got blown up? i'll have to think about this one.

There's no way you can compare the 2.  Strasberg hasn't even been around long enough to warrant any type of hatred or animosity towards him.  The Nats are irrelevant on days he doesn't pitch and there's pretty much no rivalry there between them and the Phils because the Nats are perennial basement dwellers. 

Irvin had been tormenting Eagles fans for about a decade when he got hurt.  The Cowboys won 3 Super Bowls and knocked the Eagles out of the playoffs a couple times in the process.  Not to mention that Irvin was a cocky, arrogant sob who was easy to hate. 

Strasberg is just some kid with nasty stuff who ESPN latched onto like the blood sucking leeches that they are. 

rjs246

Yeah I'm having trouble understanding why anyone here gives a rat's ass.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

1. some of us live in dc
2. all of us dont want to watch him no hit the phillies for the next 5 years

Sgt PSN

I prefer to forge my hatred of players based on how badly they've farged my favorite teams instead of what they may or may not to over the next several years.  But maybe that's just me.

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

QB Eagles

I don't hate Strasburg, just find the hype annoying.

It's not like the Irvin injury for me, but has there been any other injury in Philly since Irvin that has been so devastating for another team in the same division? I'm racking my brain but I can't think of one.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 27, 2010, 05:46:00 PM
1. some of us live in dc
2. all of us dont want to watch him no hit the phillies for the next 5 years

1. sounds like your problem
2. when did he become a junk-balling lefty?