Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

It would be nice for utley to not suck camel dick, but who's asking? An umpire made a bad call!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

the other guys need to step it up like they did when Howard and Utley were out.  right now those two just need to see pitches and get their timing down.

werth, ibanez, jimmy, and victorino need to pick their shtein up
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

the question is will sunmo ever criticize utley for anything?

right now, a week into his return, he still needs to get "timing down."
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

i said the same thing for howard...and i've ripped utely plenty of times.

don't be an idiot
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Utley has sucked all season, I was expecting more of the same (which is what we're seeing) when he returned. He's always been a streaky batter, but there's not much season left so he needs to get hot for them to have a chance.

Rome

Wow - I just watched Howard lose his shtein.  I don't think I've ever seen him mad like that before and it was good to see for a change.

Going 0-7 with 5 K's will do that do anyone, though.

MDS

utley has 5 homers since april 16

even with the time missed thats just pitiful

SD

Quote from: Rome on August 25, 2010, 12:59:11 PM
Wow - I just watched Howard lose his shtein.  I don't think I've ever seen him mad like that before and it was good to see for a change.

Going 0-7 with 5 K's will do that do anyone, though.

He comes across as the gentle giant quiet type, so seeing him lose his shtein hopefully lights a fire under his ass.

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on August 25, 2010, 01:01:58 PM
utley has 5 homers since april 16

even with the time missed thats just pitiful

yeah (like sd said) and its something that of course when it comes to GRIT gets overlooked is that he wasnt that good before he got hurt

ill rip both of them mercilessly but it just sickens me the free pass utley always gets...i lost my lid on monday nite when some of the crowd actually booed choke...not even cause he didnt deserve it but the double standard btwn utley and the rest of the team is just pathetic....

im sure beane/charlie/jihadist monk/mccgraw will be by shortly to say how hes the best fielding second basemen in the majors the best player on the team by far and a hall of fame lock
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

vs. Left       .256    .402    .535    .937    
vs. Right      .282    .372    .413    .785    

his split stats dont make any sense, either.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 25, 2010, 01:10:52 PM
i lost my lid on monday nite when some of the crowd actually booed choke...not even cause he didnt deserve it but the double standard btwn utley and the rest of the team is just pathetic....

Perhaps all the members from the other CF decided to take in the game together. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: KDS on August 25, 2010, 01:12:49 PM
vs. Left       .256    .402    .535    .937    
vs. Right      .282    .372    .413    .785    

his split stats dont make any sense, either.

Well, the lower BA but higher SLG against lefties is normal.  The weird part is that higher OBP.  Part of it could be explained by how he crowds the plate and gets beaned by lefties a lot.

Werth's are really weird too:

vs. Left    .282   .407   .403   .810
vs. Right  .308   .385   .565   .950

SD

No Howard tonight:
Rollins SS, Victorino CF, Polanco 3B, Utley 2B, Werth RF, Sweeney 1B, Francisco LF, Ruiz C and Halladay P

BigEd76

suspended 4 games for threatening that ump

not really...Charlie gave him a day off for a mental break

PoopyfaceMcGee

When did BigEd get so FUNNY?

But seriously, I wouldn't expect Howard to get untracked against a lefty, so I like this move.  But LOL at Utley batting clean-up.  I can't wait for him to go 1 for 4 with a weak single and two K's.